Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    What you talkin bout, I luurv men, I just know you're all babies :D:D:D
    now got to sleep its past your bedtime and you're getting cranky :D:D;)

That is so not true. We are not babies ,the reason we are men is we have passed puberty. Babies havent passed puberty .That proves you know very little about science because babies cant get manflu.

Yes Im cranky - sneezing and headaches and and a hacking cough which has the sound of a generator starting in a weather station in the South Pole.

If you love men so much you will own an Anne Summers Nurses Outfit - while there is no known cure for manflu -many sufferers say that when the Manfloozy in their lives wears one of these they do feel their pain is acknowledged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I have man flu! I feel like seven shades of ****e. I know it's man flu and not normal flu because on Friday, at my lowest point I convinced myself it was pneumonia.

It's not - but I still feel like ****e. I made the mistake of getting up for a few hours yesterday. Not a good idea. Haven't moved out of bed at all today.

watna wrote: »
    I have man flu! I feel like seven shades of ****e. I know it's man flu and not normal flu because on Friday, at my lowest point I convinced myself it was pneumonia.

It's not - but I still feel like ****e. I made the mistake of getting up for a few hours yesterday. Not a good idea. Haven't moved out of bed at all today.

Ya poor fella.

Paracetemol is as good as it gets with fluids and staying warm.

Technically in medical circles, the pneumonia style symtom is called "feeling like a bucket of wee-wee"

Some manflu sufferers get topical relef by getting drunk but that gets you more dehydrated.

Another tip - Chocolate and seven up are great for replacing energy.

Dont overdo throat lozengers as they have a laxative affect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

CDfm wrote: »
    Ya poor fella.

Paracetemol is as good as it gets with fluids and staying warm.

Technically in medical circles, the pneumonia style symtom is called "feeling like a bucket of wee-wee"

Some manflu sufferers get topical relef by getting drunk but that gets you more dehydrated.

Another tip - Chocolate and seven up are great for replacing energy.

Dont overdo throat lozengers as they have a laxative affect.

I'm actually a lay-dee but still consider it man-flu due to the fuss I have made over it. Seriously, I was convinced I was dying!

My OH has spent the day bringing my diet coke and burger rings while I lie in bed with the cat. I also have him timing it so I can take panadol cold and flu at EXACT 4 hour intervals so there's not a second to spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Have you considered a trip to Lourdes?

Hang in there buddy.

Girls can't get manflu.

• Advertisement

I'm actually a lay-dee but still consider it man-flu due to the fuss I have made over it. Seriously, I was convinced I was dying!

My OH has spent the day bringing my diet coke and burger rings while I lie in bed with the cat. I also have him timing it so I can take panadol cold and flu at EXACT 4 hour intervals so there's not a second to spare.

You are a carrier and exactly the type of uncaring person that infects men. And you are so brazen that you boast about it:eek:

The paracetemol thing every 4 hours is what my doctor does and she is a carrier too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

:rolleyes:

femnazi :P

I dont know you look for a bit of moral support and you get the 3 feminist witchs of dublin giving out yards

Femnazi, lovin' it Snowy! Be careful of being nasty to witches - we don't like it. (cackles quietly)

What is this with support Snowy? You are always looking for support - is something sagging?

Alice1 wrote: »
    Femnazi, lovin' it Snowy!

Feminazi lovin.

Dont do it Snowy -she might turn you into a rabbit:eek:

I have just had a vicks rub and could only eat one slice of chocolate cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Femnazi, lovin' it Snowy! Be careful of being nasty to witches - we don't like it. (cackles quietly)

What is this with support Snowy? You are always looking for support - is something sagging?

No im all skin and mussel i think you should be concerned with sagging :P
    Feminazi lovin.

Dont do it Snowy -she might turn you into a rabbit:eek:

I wont I'l fight thos power's with my farts ;)

Il be shore to have oyster sauce on everything can make you rather punjent ;)

• Advertisement

y'all need to get a pair of this mans balls

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59894962&postcount=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

wwell times of changed my dear...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

:rolleyes:

femnazi :P

I dont know you look for a bit of moral support and you get the 3 feminist witchs of dublin giving out yards

I personally would'nt expect you fem witch's to understand the needs of a man when sickness has got him bye the throat.....
    :rolleyes::P

Hahahah, THREE witches??? Nah, thats all me baby :cool: I's a gooooodd feminazi

Sounds like a wee bit of role reversal ;) good girl yourself, makes a refreshing change to have the bloke running around getting his knickers in a twist :D:D:D

For people afflicted with such a debilitating illness, you can rouse yourselves to peruse boards looking for sympathy :confused::confused::confused::confused::p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I have no idea whats goin on in here :confused:

Hi Carlybabe, so nice to see the sisters - we feminazi must stick together! Be afraid boys - be very afraid....

Hi Carlybabe, so nice to see the sisters - we feminazi must stick together! Be afraid boys - be very afraid....

Yess indeedy, we'll sabotage this sickening "feel sorry for ourselves publicly" needy fest....:D

CD & Snowmonkey, BEEEWARRREE :)

See the reaction you cause from women who are appalled at your actions Watna .:mad:

Naw CD. Watna is a lady who was very seriously ill - virtually at death's door. Luckily, Mr. Watna recognised this and acted accordingly.

Whoopys post was directed at the male persons who post on this thread.

Now, don't upset me this evening - I have eye of frog and toe of newt to hand......

Yess indeedy, we'll sabotage this sickening "feel sorry for ourselves publicly" needy fest....:D

CD & Snowmonkey, BEEEWARRREE :)

IT doesnt scare me. AS a man I can eat as much chocolate cake as I want whenever I want.

Bet you can't:D

IT doesnt scare me. AS a man I can eat as much chocolate cake as I want whenever I want.

Bet you can't:D

Now this is just typical mysoginistic typecasting CD my pet....not every women spends thier day dreaming and fantasisin about chocolate, I hate it, I would much prefer a vodka and packet of crisps, in fact I think ill have one right now :D:D

• Advertisement

Now, don't upset me this evening - I have eye of frog and toe of newt to hand......

Im soo scared of a person who cant eat as much Chocolate Cake as they like -thats called muffintophobia :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Im here coughing and spluttering away also. Over a week now, damn my low immune system

Now this is just typical mysoginistic typecasting CD my pet....not every women spends thier day dreaming and fantasisin about chocolate, I hate it, I would much prefer a vodka and packet of crisps, in fact I think ill have one right now :D:D

I know you or at least I did before you married. Your name was Miss Andry:cool:

Im here coughing and spluttering away also. Over a week now, damn my low immune system

Here try this link it has everything you need

http://images.google.ie/images?hl=en&q=chocolate+cake&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=QrHsSZbfKsOhjAef5r33Aw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title

My eyes are too red raw to make them out!!!

Damn men spreading and infecting everyone with their man flu!!!!

i know exactly where I picked it up, I was at a gaa match last sun week and there were two ould fellas hockin and spittin near me....d feckers...at least they lost the match :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

i think i got man flu by reading this thread... i feel like **** now.

Damn men spreading and infecting everyone with their man flu!!!!

I must consult Ye Great Lost Booke Of Ye Olde Ones - tum te tum te tum

Under Fishe Wife - forsoothe for ye fishwife who screeches that she hath been afflicted with ye manflue malady - a trippe to ye ducking stool will cure her of her malingering and infamy.

Midland Missus -YE Great Lost Book doesnt lie & you probably have a dust allergy but it gives me the Keeper of the Book an insight into what YE Olde Ones would want. A dust allergy which is easily cured by more housework often and frequent.

Glad to be of help.

Chocolate cake - eeeugh! Not for me thanks.

If I do eat chocolate (which is rare cos I don't like sweet things) I prefer the 90% cocoa solids one - now there's chcolate my dears.

Didn't I tell you not to upset me? Didn't I? *Ali's fingers getting closer and closer to eye of frog*

Carlybabe, would you light the fire under the cauldron for me please? I feel a spell comin' on......

I must consult Ye Great Lost Booke Of Ye Olde Ones - tum te tum te tum

Under Fishe Wife - forsoothe for ye fishwife who screeches that she hath been afflicted with ye manflue malady - a trippe to ye ducking stool will cure her of her malingering and infamy.

Midland Missus -YE Great Lost Book doesnt lie & you probably have a dust allergy but it gives me the Keeper of the Book an insight into what YE Olde Ones would want. A dust allergy which is easily cured by more housework often and frequent.

Glad to be of help.

Tell that to my boyfriend, he's doing all the housework this week ;)

what do ya know the man flu has its perks

• Advertisement

Didn't I tell you not to upset me? Didn't I? *Ali's fingers getting closer and closer to eye of frog*

Carlybabe, would you light the fire under the cauldron for me please? I feel a spell comin' on......

Fires lightin, broths a bubblin and bats wings have been clipped...bring on the newt ma dear :D

Advertisement