Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Told you I had supernatural powers ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Its been a long night, had the worse nights sleep of my life. Kept dreaming the same dream over and over. I am currently sealed in my room, I seem to be losing track of time, going by my lines on the wall I have been here for 103days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Thats definately Manflu - its mentioned in the Bible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭copperfacegaz

my immune system has failed ... up all nite with man flu .. how does one cope ? manfluism is here and wont go away ....... im dying !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Is it man swine flu you have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

i had man flu last week, but i manned up and soldiered on in work until yesterday, i was coughing and sneezing so much i burst something in my ear and now i can't hear....most epic flu ever

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

daca88 wrote: »
    i had man flu last week, but i manned up and soldiered on in work until yesterday, i was coughing and sneezing so much i burst something in my ear and now i can't hear....most epic flu ever

Mairead(I think her name is) on 2Fm with Ray D'Arcy had swine flu recently. She went deaf in one ear after it. Said she felt crap. You shouldn't have been in work tbh sneezing and coughing all over the place spreading your horrible little germs...tut tut!

Ann22 wrote: »
    Mairead(I think her name is) on 2Fm with Ray D'Arcy had swine flu recently. She went deaf in one ear after it. Said she felt crap. You shouldn't have been in work tbh sneezing and coughing all over the place spreading your horrible little germs...tut tut!

I bet she was out on the beer in Copperfacejacks:rolleyes:

She couldnt have manflu cos shes a girl or is she:eek:

Vain dear,
    You are losing track of time - you have only been there two days. Now pull it together!

Hi CD, how are you? Not having a relapse I hope?

Now, d'you need some lady hormones? Clears up the manflu and swine flu and loads of other stuff too.

I think we need the Snow Monkey here - and maybe some of the girlies..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Think I've got man flu at the moment :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

Ann22 wrote: »

heard that alright, it's not a pleasant feeling i tell you!

if i'm going down i'm taking everyone with me!:D i couldn't afford to stay off work anyway and they can't function without me:rolleyes:

Ah, tis all comin' back to me now.... the last round of manflu sufferers showed very similiar symptoms .... in particular the delusions of indispensibility - the "they can't do without me" notions.

Tis manflu alright Daca.

Ooops, didn't see you there brummy pet. Now, why do you think you have manflu? List out yer symptoms and we will diagnose and prescribe accordingly.

Where is the Snow Monkey - this is his thread after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Symptons?
    Generally dying-ness in general. High temperature, feeling sick, bad headaches, earaches, sore throat.

:(:(
    Mom doesn't believe me though

*Ali does the thin lipped look*

Well, brummy, you didn't say Mom was on the case. That puts an entirely different slant on things, if Mom thinks you haven't got it - then you haven't - right? Now, take two Nurofen and pull yourself together for goodness sake.

*Ali walks off, muttering*

Alice1 wrote: »
    *Ali does the thin lipped look*

Very scary - that look has been know to vaporise Lem-Sip Max Strenght :eek:

*Ali walks off, muttering*
    Did those mutters concerns tweezers and nasal hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Thank God for Lemsip Max Strenght,its sorted me out nicely along with some nice hot Whiskeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

brummytom wrote: »
    Think I've got man flu at the moment :(

impossible you coul;d have boy mid teen flu you have to be a man to have man flu!!!
    Tho ask your mum to rub your back and say poor baby repeatadly this wil help....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Redvers

I have been following this thread for a few days and as one of the first ever sufferers of man flu I would like to pass on some advice and encouragement to those of you that have since become infected. It may also be of interest to you know where it all started and what steps can be taken to avoid it.

It all began in North Africa during the First World War where I served as a private in the transport division. Towards the end of the war we had noticed that some of the camels were a bit out of sorts but we put it down to fatigue and didn’t pay it much attention. By the time the war ended some of the men had become quite close to their animals and many were in tears throughout the victory celebrations. It was shortly after that I first started to suffer what from what has now become known as man flu. So much for the theory that infections cannot to jump from one species to another.

It’s been downhill ever since. What bothers me most is the constant flatulent-incontinence, the acute chronic body odour and the loss of libido. I also find the runny-nose slightly irritating. Although I enjoyed a brief respite from the symptoms just after Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968 it was a bad as ever by the time the Yanks landed on the moon a year later.

After many years of futile attempts to get a doctors appointment, I eventually got past the receptionist in and saw a doctor in 2004. He was perplexed by the combination of symptoms but was adamant that the mixture of cod liver oil and mushrooms that I had been taking since I left Africa was simply aggravating the condition. By the end of the consultation he was most understanding and suggested I should donate what remained of my body to science. I told him that while I shared his passion for the advancement of medicine I felt his recommendation was a bit harsh and was sure I had few good years left in me if only the symptoms could be ameliorated. He eventually admitted he could not help and referred me to his sister-in-law who had a vetinary practice in a nearby town. After several false starts she prescribed a placebo which hitherto had only been tried with horses and thankfully it did the trick! I’m off to Aintree in the spring and have a full calendar for the rest of 2010.

I think my message to fellow suffers out there is keep to your own species, wrap-up warm and avoid mushrooms, it worked for me. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. After a lifetime of suffering I am enjoying a new lease of life and you will too, eventually.

Very spooky.

Ali - can you detect any supernatural activity around Redvers?

• Advertisement

CDfm wrote: »
    Very spooky.

Ali - can you detect any supernatural activity around Redvers?

I heard she hasa crokked noise and flys ona broom :eek:

I heard she hasa crokked noise and flys ona broom :eek:

Not Ali:eek:

yes ali she tired to turn me into a frog or was it a toad but thankfull I had a packet of frostis lucky charms and the leprichauns sorted her out.....

is it true that she stole the leprechauns gold causing a manflu epidemic in alabama

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Yes! I currently have the man flu. Can't shake it. :mad:

Do you have a manfloozy bringing you hot drinks and feeding you soup and stuff. ;)

Paracetemol is the best for the symtoms BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Laid up since last Thursday evening, stupidly I fought (Judo) on Saturday (puked twice) then done a 10k yesterday (thought I was over it) - now I feel like I'm back to square one.

Feck the hot whiskeys, warm honey & vodka is nicer :)

Cdfm I heard simmiler but I do know that she isnt all that powerfull against the leps they got the pixies on there side.... ;)

Laid up since last Thursday evening, stupidly I fought (Judo) on Saturday (puked twice) then done a 10k yesterday (thought I was over it) - now I feel like I'm back to square one.

Feck the hot whiskeys, warm honey & vodka is nicer :)

thast terrible i hope all the ladys of your house are clubing to getaher looking after you, Apprently fluffy bunny slippers can really help the problems :)

You are supposed to wait a week or so before doing exercise after a flu.

It aint manly otherwise;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Apprently fluffy bunny slippers can really help the problems :)

Actually last year in NYC I treated myself to UGG slippers :o

Sooooooooo comfy & soooooooo girly too, lol.

Advertisement