Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

caught the man flu :( make it end!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Man flu eh?

Thread reported
    . Reason: Dizzgusting anti-men attitude.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Denerick wrote: »
    Lads I am in AGONY. All day I have been SUFFERING with NASAL CONGESTION MAN FLU.

God bless you.

Just got over it 3 weeks ago, awful.

I'll light a candle for your survival in the morning.

Be strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

At first I had a bit of a cough and then a sore throat. Soon after I thought I was going to die. My muscles were sore, and made it difficult for me to tap out my final txt messages to my girlfriend. I read that in 100% of all cases of man flu the man nearly dies.

I had no comfort. My better half didn't appreciate the severity of my condition. My pillow was too hot!! and the Dr. Didn't understand either.

So I fought thru it on my own. I did it. I looked death in the face and I'm still here to tell the tale. My girlfriend rolls her eyes. I stand strong, I don't know what the winter holds in store.

Best of luck to you all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Be men.:mad:Be real men.:mad: Go out into the middle of a shtony field and break rocks with crowbars in the driving rain.:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Pah! Get over yerselves - tis only the sniffles.... men or mice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

If it wasn't so true I'd be laughing.

If I had a fecking euro for everytime his headache/cold/flu/sprained ankle/twisted gut was worse than mine I'd be able to put a stop to the threatening letters I'm getting from BOI. The fact that he could say it with a straight face and really believed it rubbed salt in the wound. Pathetic weakling. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Alice1 wrote: »

Kitchen
    >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I love the way the term 'Man flu' was so obviously first uttered by a few Feminazis that couldn't stand it when the men in their lives actually got sick and dared to complain of flu pains.

Guess it took the attention off their bitching about PMT cramps for five minutes and they couldn't take it.

So they all started bleating on and on about how when men get the flu they exaggerate the symptoms and no way could they know about suffering when women give birth and don't so much as complain for a nanosecond, well Katie Holmes didn't anyway.

Several studies show men less likely to take days off work etc, but heck - let's not let the truth get in the way of feminists trying to portray men as wimps if they dare show any form of weakness now or anything.

What truly shows that men are indeed the stronger sex, is their ability to take what was designed to be a man-bashing insult and turn it around to our advantage.

Yeah ladies, you created a monster (Man Flu) and now it will never die.

Tis ours now and we intend to take full advantage of it .. sure our lives depend on it.

/Drinks man-strength Lemsip

Oh for goodness sake! You don't have manflu (it doesn't exist) you just have a very minor dose of the sniffles. Pull it together!

I can't see very many of you surviving the winter if you are falling in September ...

Zohan, don't push yer luck - just don't push yer luck.

*Ali starts leafing through spell book*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Bleurgh. My head feels like its full of cotton wool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Just got over it last week... now I've a case of the sniffles.

and to be honest... it was a woman that put me on the strongest stuff she could give me...

My head was fried for most of last week with the stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

J
    and to be honest... it was a woman that put me on the strongest stuff she could give me...

That stinks of her desperation not to have to put up with your moaning. I bet if she could have got her hands on morphine she'd have pumped it into you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Zohan, don't push yer luck - just don't push yer luck.

*Ali starts leafing through spell book*

Zohan she has the book she really does and her and her friends have testicle recipes :eek:
    That stinks of her desperation not to have to put up with your moaning. I bet if she could have got her hands on morphine she'd have pumped it into you. :D

That is truly shocking. How can you live with yourself with such sentiments.

Dravokovich don't listen to her she is obviousley a fraustrated nun who has been at the altar wine a bit much.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Bleurgh. My head feels like its full of cotton wool.

You are amongst friends here.

I feel your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I have a feeling I've a bad dose coming on. Today my eyes are like pissholes in the snow and are burning outta my head. My nose is all blocked up too.

I don't think I can go on

TouchingVirus is your manfloozy looking after you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

My nasal congestion was so bad today that I was poking it to the extent that it started to bleed.

Surely this 'nasal congestion' must be a debilitating syndrome of the manflu condition? Last night, whilst attempting to sleep, I felt like my nose was literally ignoring me, mocking me, watching me cringe and writhe in agony. Women don't understand the pressures and anxieties of malehood, our manflu conditions begin to challenge what we consider to be our fundamental essence.

Brothers, unite against the feminazi's and their bigoted ways!

True. True .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Zohan, don't push yer luck - just don't push yer luck. How about some muffins?

*Ali starts leafing through cook book*

FYP. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭hypervalve

I've just battled through a particularly pitiless strain of terminal man flu. I was incapacitated for 4 days. Night sweats, runny nose, chills, sneezing, general discomfort.... I had all the classic symptoms. To compound my misery the severity of my condition prevented me from enjoying any revelry over the weekend.

Typically my girlfriend offered no sympathy and scoffed at my affliction, but in a complete reversal of fortunes I have made a full recovery, not before passing it on to her... and her flatmate for good measure.

Thin ice Zohan, verrrrry thin ice. You may scoff, but you really shouldn't cross me - after all Halloween is a-comin'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Thin ice Zohan, verrrrry thin ice. You may scoff, but you really shouldn't cross me - after all Halloween is a-comin'...
    alice stop being a witch and help these poor men out

I has a hurty shoulder wanna take care of it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I am currently battling a resilient strain of the manflu. TIMES ARE TOUGH.

alice stop being a witch and help these poor men out

I has a hurty shoulder wanna take care of it :P
    Oh so you decided to join in the abuse too? Don't push me now, just don't push me - I'm a woman - I mean witch - on the edge. Just took out me cauldron and I see I have a few of last year's batwings left over.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Have we done the bird flu thread?

hypervalve wrote: »

Typically my girlfriend offered no sympathy and scoffed at my affliction, but in a complete reversal of fortunes I have made a full recovery, not before passing it on to her... and her flatmate for good measure.

Your plight was ignored and unaclnowledged and your significant other and her flatmate are suffering from KARMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I am getting what I think is man flu. Strange considering I am female - but the symptoms are too similiar to what was discribed on this thread.. Symapathy please! :(

Oh dear, one of the Sisters is ill - this is dreadful!

Try Exputex for your cough, try Sudafed for your head cold, cloth hankies are kinder to your nose than tissues (cut up an old cotton sheet into hanky sized pieces and discard after use)

Plenty of clear fluids - dehydration is not your friend. Eat one piece of fresh fruit each day cos you need all the anitoxidants you can get. Rest as much as you can and take paracetamol every four hours.

You have all my sympathy dear Sister.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Oh dear, one of the Sisters is ill - this is dreadful!

Try Exputex for your cough, try Sudafed for your head cold, cloth hankies are kinder to your nose than tissues (cut up an old cotton sheet into hanky sized pieces and discard after use)

Plenty of clear fluids - dehydration is not your friend. Eat one piece of fresh fruit each day cos you need all the anitoxidants you can get. Rest as much as you can and take paracetamol every four hours.

You have all my sympathy dear Sister.

What would you know about manflu?

I don't give you advice on dealing with menstrual cramps, please don't advise us on dealing with manflu. It is a most serious condition.

Advertisement