Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    I am getting what I think is man flu.
    Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh dear, one of the Sisters is ill - this is dreadful!

Ladies, what your dealing with is influenza.

A harmless enough virus when in the female body.

Men's bodies contain levels of testosterone that make the influenza life threatening and it's symptoms, while not an issue in something as simple as a woman's body, become torture in males.

Just count yourselves lucky in this instance that you not male and that don't have to worry your pretty little heads with such suffering.

Just watch Desperate Housewives and eat ice cream, you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

had awful nasal congestion a few days ago. sinuses were so bad that my ears were blocked and was deaf in one ear for a day or two. kept hearing white noise when trying to go to sleep. was so tired that i slept for over 12 hours :eek: hopped in the bed at 7.30 and didn't get up til 8 the next morning.

i thought the Sudafed cleared it up but it's just migrated to the chest. battling an awful cough now.

i need your support, brothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭hypervalve

I am getting what I think is man flu. Strange considering I am female - but the symptoms are too similiar to what was discribed on this thread.. Symapathy please! :(

Suck it up princess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

hypervalve wrote: »
    Suck it up princess.

Hypervalve have some sympathy.

The poor woman is obviuously suffering -if not from hypocondria the some sort of narcisstic type issue so just ignore her.

She needs professional help if not locking up.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

whiteman19 wrote: »
    had awful nasal congestion a few days ago. sinuses were so bad that my ears were blocked and was deaf in one ear for a day or two. kept hearing white noise when trying to go to sleep. was so tired that i slept for over 12 hours :eek: hopped in the bed at 7.30 and didn't get up til 8 the next morning.

i thought the Sudafed cleared it up but it's just migrated to the chest. battling an awful cough now.

You do realise Sudafed doesn't actually clear it up? It just gets rid of the symptoms. Let your body do it's work while you rest.

Man-flu in your case, I'd recommend about 2 weeks off work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Denerick wrote: »
    What would you know about manflu?

I don't give you advice on dealing with menstrual cramps, please don't advise us on dealing with manflu. It is a most serious condition.
    Denerick, my advice to you regarding the manflu still stands - get over yerself.

My advice regarding real illness was, of course, addressed to a dear Sister. After all, she is genuinely suffering whereas you lot are merely sniffly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Alice1 wrote: »
    Denerick, my advice to you regarding the manflu still stands - get over yerself.

My advice regarding real illness was, of course, addressed to a dear Sister. After all, she is genuinely suffering whereas you lot are merely sniffly.

How offensive, how uncouth, how disgusting a remark. I am saddened by such sentiments, truly saddened.

Denerick wrote: »
    How offensive, how uncouth, how disgusting a remark. I am saddened by such sentiments, truly saddened.

It is truly awful that such statements are allowed to go unchallenged and unprosecuted.

whiteman19 wrote: »

You poor man. Where was your manfloozy when all this was going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

First cold in over 18 months, have had to give up running for a couple of months due to injury and now have the snuffles, runny nose etc.. damn

So the key to not having a cold could be lots of outdoor exercise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Just came in to see how all the poor manflu sufferers are doing?

I see that a few more of you have been infected with this horrendous affliction!

I feel it's my duty to offer help and support..

If any of you need ironing, dishes, hoovering or anything done while you are so ill I'm sure your women folk will be more than willing to help out.

I hope you all get over it soon.

:)

foxinsox wrote: »
    Just came in to see how all the poor manflu sufferers are doing?

I see that a few more of you have been infected with this horrendous affliction!

I feel it's my duty to offer help and support..

If any of you need ironing, dishes, hoovering or anything done while you are so ill I'm sure your women folk will be more than willing to help out.

I hope you all get over it soon.

If only there were more like you. Us men are constantly insulted because of our gender, no one understands, no one cares, no one believes the intense agony that can only come from the dreaded flu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Man down, send supplies. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Moral support sent, requested. During my hols as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Thanks Alice
    I am sure many other threads will benefit from your kind and caring nature - most of (so called men )on this thread are not very nice! Undeserving of your sympathy!

Much better now! :D

TheZohan wrote: »
    thee glitz wrote: »
    Moral support sent, requested. During my hols as well

You poor guys - its so unfair that ones so talented should be affected.

Be brave.
    Thanks Alice
    I am sure many other threads will benefit from your kind and caring nature - most of (so called men )on this thread are not very nice! Undeserving of your sympathy!

Much better now! :D

pseudomoaningminnie - you were obviously not ill at all just looking for attention and care that should be given to a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

eyes are like pissholes in the snow

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

TheZohan wrote: »

You're all dropping like flies.

It wont get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Need more orange juice..... and some Flintstone's chewable morphine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

That_Guy wrote: »
    Clear fluids - clear - is orange juice clear? Well, is it?

Gimme strength - can't even follow a simple instruction.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

That_Guy wrote: »

Aw poor sick fella!

If only I was near I would run to the shops for you..

I might not have Flintstone's, but I might have Care Bears chewable morphine, would they do? I think they are pink..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

was this time last year i had flu so bad. was shiverin n sweating profusely, aching eyes sore throat. couldn't stomach anything

was having visions everything became sorta transparent like how primitive technology really is and how most human pursuits are basic distractions, how everything can ultimately be broken down by the elements and consumed by the earth. n how frail life is - think i was close to death!

Star Bingo -you really are a Manflu Hero and your story is truly inspirational.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Star Bingo wrote: »
    was this time last year i had flu so bad. was shiverin n sweating profusely, aching eyes sore throat. couldn't stomach anything

was having visions everything became sorta transparent like how primitive technology really is and how most human pursuits are basic distractions, how everything can ultimately be broken down by the elements and consumed by the earth. n how frail life is - think i was close to death!

Jesus man! That's horrific.

Did anyone. ANYONE, even think to bring you sone 7up? Failing that, sone Tropicana.

Baxtards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I'm wearing a poppy for all the fallen heros of this thread.

Stay strong men.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Having been consigned to my bed chamber with an IV Drip full of Lemsip and some Advil sandwiches I have come out of the other side of a virulent strain of man flu. It was tough at times, but I made it. I hope my story of resilience and success will be a beacon in the dark for all those suffering with it now.

Stay strong brothers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Too tired to read through entire thread. I am suffering :(

This is awful, we have an epidemic on our hands. The government is obsessed with anglo Irish bank, but ignore the much more pressing manflu issue that is getting completely out of hand in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

If this was a womens issue they'd pump millions into screening, prevention and cures.
    What do we get? Drink plenty of fluids and take a lemsip! Do they not understand, people are dying!
    One poor b@stard even said his baby toe was sore, and he *sob*...and he......didntevenhititoffachairlegoranything..

/breaks down.

Advertisement