Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Heartbreaking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh for goodness sake - GET A GRIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Alice1 wrote: »

The feminazis strike again. What is that supposed to be? You are such a bigot.

Does this mean what I think it means

http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/a/aerosmith/album-get-a-grip.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I was reading some research earlier in the Lancet, that the reason the influenza virus strikes men in such life threatening ways is to do with the hormone testosterone.

For some reason, the combination of both the hormone and the virus, seem to reduce Natural Killer cells drastically.

The testosterone hormone also seems to trigger the pain sensors when in the presence of the influenza virus and while say a woman might be at a level 7 or 8 (on a scale of one to ten) in child birth for instance, a male with influenza will be running somewhere around the 11 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Time of the month?

Time of the month?
    Original - veeeeery original. Is that really the best you could manage?

Can't wait for Halloween - gonna cast horrid spells on the lot of yeh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I was reading some research earlier in the Lancet, that the reason the influenza virus strikes men in such life threatening ways is to do with the hormone testosterone.

For some reason, the combination of both the hormone and the virus, seem to reduce Natural Killer cells drastically.

The testosterone hormone also seems to trigger the pain sensors when in the presence of the influenza virus and while say a woman might be at a level 7 or 8 (on a scale of one to ten) in child birth for instance, a male with influenza will be running somewhere around the 11 mark.

As you all know I am a follower of your pains..
    I feel unworthy to even type here as my pain is nothing compared to yours.

But I do have a proposition for you that may help..

I have been studying the same article in The Lancet, that you mentioned above.

My husband thinks I'm mad to even contemplate such pain but he respects my choice...

You see we are thinking about baby number four and well eh.. if you want I would gladly take your 11 pain (manflu) in exchange for the 7 or 8 pain(childbirth).

If you wish to take me up on this offer please let me know so we can finalise the details.

I know it is a lot for me to do for you but I feel I owe it to mankind!

Yours etc...

:)

Original - veeeeery original. Is that really the best you could manage?

You know whats not original? GET A GRIP

foxinsox wrote: »

You see we are thinking about baby number four and well eh.. if you want I would gladly take your 11 pain (manflu) in exchange for the 7 or 8 pain(childbirth).

:)

That is a very unfair offer and how do we know you are genuine and would not take sexually predatory advantage of the poor men in their weakened state.

A manflu suffererer desperate for a cure will stoop to anything.

WARNING - THIS WOMAN IS TALKING BABIES AND IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED

• Advertisement

You know whats not original? GET A GRIP

What should one grip - and what benefits can be obtained -maybe we should ask Alice as it is her suggestion.

CDfm wrote: »
    That is a very unfair offer and how do we know you are genuine and would not take sexually predatory advantage of the poor men in their weakened state.

A manflu suffererer desperate for a cure will stoop to anything.

WARNING - THIS WOMAN IS TALKING BABIES AND IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED

Forgive me, maybe my wording wasn't exact.

My offer is genuine, a man inflicted with manflu pain rate 11/10 may take my place in giving birth pain rate 7/10 .. facts from The Lancet via Outlaw Pete.

I would never never take sexually predatory advanatage of an ill man*

I understand a manflu sufferer is desperate for escape from the pain, I am only trying to offer a solution.

WARNING ¬
    SICK MEN MAY NOT ALWAYS THINK OR TYPE RATIONAL THOUGHTS.

* well I'd try my hardest not to take advantage, but if they were very very cute.....
    I couldn't possibly be held responsible :D

What should one grip - and what benefits can be obtained -maybe we should ask Alice as it is her suggestion.

She has been gripping too many bacardi breezers me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Alice Banned for being insensitive to her fellow Man.

:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Forgive me, maybe my wording wasn't exact.

My offer is genuine, a man inflicted with manflu pain rate 11/10 may take my place in giving birth pain rate 7/10 .. facts from The Lancet via Outlaw Pete.

I would never never take sexually predatory advanatage of an ill man*

I understand a manflu sufferer is desperate for escape from the pain, I am only trying to offer a solution.

WARNING ¬
    SICK MEN MAY NOT ALWAYS THINK OR TYPE RATIONAL THOUGHTS.

* well I'd try my hardest not to take advantage, but if they were very very cute.....
    I couldn't possibly be held responsible :D

Although I consider you to be pro-man, I suspect you may be mocking us here.

I read an article in The Economist recently that asserted that childbirth is actually a painless experience - nay, a pleasurable one - and that women are in a massive conspiracy to exaggerate its pain for popular sympathy.

We men, on the other hand, have been struggling with manflu since the dawn of time. Luckily, we only started coming forward in large numbers in the last decade. For years we had to hide who we truly were, what we felt. Now we live in a more liberal time and feel free to discuss our feelings and our enormous pain.

Denerick wrote: »
    Although I consider you to be pro-man, I suspect you may be mocking us here.

I read an article in The Economist recently that asserted that childbirth is actually a painless experience - nay, a pleasurable one - and that women are in a massive conspiracy to exaggerate its pain for popular sympathy.

We men, on the other hand, have been struggling with manflu since the dawn of time. Luckily, we only started coming forward in large numbers in the last decade. For years we had to hide who we truly were, what we felt. Now we live in a more liberal time and feel free to discuss our feelings and our enormous pain.

Your suspicions are unfounded... I honestly care for you poor sufferers of this dreadful strain of flu, unlike any other strain in it's infliction of pain. I would not mock.

The Economist is so correct in saying that indeed childbirth is painless and pleasurable, could easily be done while shopping in Tesco, you are right we have hidden this fact for many years. Alas, you have us sussed :)

I apologise profusely for trying to pull the wool over your eyes, but genuinely I am only trying to offer support and care to all the poor men suffering from manflu.

Alice Banned for being insensitive to her fellow Man.

:P
    Banned? You lot got me banned? Well, now the gloves are off - bringing a mod in to ban me is just too much! I am now in a major snit and exact my revenge at Halloween.

I s'pose I can't say too much to a mod - but I am glaring at Micky with an evil glint in my eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Your suspicions are unfounded... I honestly care for you poor sufferers of this dreadful strain of flu, unlike any other strain in it's infliction of pain. I would not mock.

The Economist is so correct in saying that indeed childbirth is painless and pleasurable, could easily be done while shopping in Tesco, you are right we have hidden this fact for many years. Alas, you have us sussed :)

I apologise profusely for trying to pull the wool over your eyes, but genuinely I am only trying to offer support and care to all the poor men suffering from manflu.

Im sick ive been dreaming about iphones

i think i have I flu :(

I s'pose I can't say too much to a mod - but I am glaring at Micky with an evil glint in my eye.

*winks*, how you doing? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Banned? You lot got me banned? Well, now the gloves are off - bringing a mod in to ban me is just too much! I am now in a major snit and exact my revenge at Halloween.

Pics or GTFO.

• Advertisement

witch3d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

witch3d.jpg

Here.

Zohan I wouldnt mess with Alice -she has testicle stew recipes and uses them :eek:

Zohan I wouldnt mess with Alice -she has testicle stew recipes and uses them :eek:

I've a good testicle stew, wanna taste?

I've a good testicle stew, wanna taste?

Alice has got to you.

Before you know it you will be watching Bridget Jones Diary and mouthing the dialogue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Alice has got to you.

Before you know it you will be watching Bridget Jones Diary and mouthing the dialogue. :)

He'll be immune from the dreaded manflu though

derfderf wrote: »
    He'll be immune from the dreaded manflu though

but at what cost ? -sitting down to pee :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

but at what cost ? -sitting down to pee :eek:

Hope (s)he enjoys queuing for it

• Advertisement

derfderf wrote: »
    Hope (s)he enjoys queuing for it

Some men are weaker than others and cant cope with Manflu.

We should not judge them.:pac:

Advertisement