Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭volvoman480

CDfm wrote: »
    Too much information :eek:

Sharing is caring... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

also a victim of the current vicious dose doing the rounds at the minute. im a bit sniffly and tired......dunno if im going to pull through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

so i've 9 days off work and the long distance girlfriend is over this weekend...
    such a cruel world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

^^^^

the people n the video look like hipsters i can look at it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Can you not just put it in words, don't do you tube links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

realies wrote: »
    Can you not just put it in words, don't do you tube links.

It's worse than we thought, much worse.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Merged.

Ha ha it was posted already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

That U tube clip is about as funny as having the flu. He looks like a wimp and she is worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Great acting no wonder amateur drama is alive and well and thriving in rural Ireland. Pat Shortt would'nt do it better.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

df1985 wrote: »
    also a victim of the current vicious dose doing the rounds at the minute. im a bit sniffly and tired......dunno if im going to pull through.

plough on. sure you'll be right as rain..

wet, cold rain... on a windswept, barren lanscape. from trees the foliage falls a shrill voice calls like a banshee, or is it the missus no; not at all, not at all. Merely the wind *Pharp*

Temp plummeted to 18 to 22 degrees here.. Instantly got the flu, called in sick to work and dosed up on codeine now. Everybody wearing hoodies and jackets now. Dreading the month it will spend at around 10 to 15 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Xenophile wrote: »
    Great acting no wonder amateur drama is alive and well and thriving in rural Ireland. Pat Shortt would'nt do it better.

It is real. I know these people.

Do you have any idea the emotional repercussions posts like yours can have and the long term impact on their quality of life.

This thread is here to assist individuals and their families thru the Manflu and recovery process and to support those attempting to deal with any financial and/or emotional difficulties arising from Manflu.

How dare you stigmatise Manflu.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

I loled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Do you have any idea the emotional repercussions posts like yours can have and the long term impact on their quality of life.

This thread is here to assist individuals and their families thru the Manflu and recovery process and to support those attempting to deal with any financial and/or emotional difficulties arising from Manflu.

Emotional repercussions? Ah wouldja get over yourself CD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Alice1 wrote: »

you can't talk to him like that you Bitch :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

If you have been affected by issues raised in this thread please call the Man-Flu Emotional Trauma Hotline

On behalf of The Man Flu Research Society - We care, because we've been there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

BBDBB wrote: »
    If you have been affected by issued raised in this thread please call the Man-Flu Emotional Trauma Hotline

On behalf of The Man Flu Research Society - We care, because we've been there.

Man Flu is like religion, a load of bollox.

Kasabian wrote: »
    humour, its wasted on the athiests

• Advertisement

Some people are just heartless

He knows because he has been there.

People didn't listen to the boy with his finger in the dyke either , yet he saved a country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Some people are just heartless

He knows because he has been there.

People didn't listen to the boy with his finger in the dyke either , yet he saved a country.

How can you save a country fingering a lesbian and more importantly how did the boy get to do this. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Now you, my young friend, are cruisin' - never underestimate an older woman...

Now you, my young friend, are cruisin' - never underestimate an older woman...

...said 97 year old Alice

How can you save a country fingering a lesbian and more importantly how did the boy get to do this. :confused:

He believed.

I believe!

someone point me towards a lesbian

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

i can report that i worked in a healthcare factory where we had to change when we got to work then to another room where we put on a bodysuit with gloves facemasks and during december ever man on the line of which 8 were male and 5 were female where litterly stuck to the bed for the week 1 or 2 said never had anything as bad in there life couldnt do a tap

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

I reckon the only reason the "man-flu" concept exists is because women take a lot more sick leave then men do.

If you take short-term sick leave stats as an indicator (and take it that a good chunk of short term sick leave is cold/flu related) women tend to take the day off while men will go in and grumble and moan there way through the day.

Arguably, the day in work looking like death and the evening spent at home in bits gives the perception that men are somehow less able to cope with the effects of cold/flu when the opposite is actually the case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

You tell them CD.

Your are a heartless woman.

You got a fever?

Lesbian's get man flu,it's the closest they get to anything male.

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »

Lesbian's get man flu,it's the closest they get to anything male.

I have heard of "Lesbian flu" and the symptoms are not nearly as severe.

Lesbian Support Groups have been very organized with parcels containing chocolate, crisps, coke , cigerettes, matches & remote control sized batteries.

I managed to get hold of a pack by using the codeword "jolly hockeysticks " down the phone.

I think I got away with it.

Advertisement