Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

CDfm wrote: »
    I have heard of "Lesbian flu" and the symptoms are not nearly as severe.

I ain't ever gonna get the lesbian flu. unless ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Jesus lads Im in bits. This is my first time getting vertigo and its horrible, been given some pills called stemetil for it. The man flu is killing me. What Im really asking is what do I do with myself for the weekend and early next week??

Im so tired and sick I can't stand up to turn the tv on. Kill me now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Will we call you an ambulance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Don't get the flu when your up high.

Simple

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Dont worry we won't look down on you for being sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Ugh woke up today with symptoms of man flu. Time for vitamin c

Pfft feel awful, First time ever having vertigo and it's something I never want to endure again. Doc said 5 days on the medication and Il be fine. Day two and still feel gash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Thank God for this thread. I feel awful last 3 days. Sinus infection + definite manflu. Oh the HORROR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

I have to attend this thread as I contracted a cold (man flu) off my boyfriend. So I guess I have a cold. Good thing I brought a couple of bottles of nyquil home from the States. Comatosed last night, missed my work xmas party :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

mojesius wrote: »
    I have to attend this thread as I contracted a cold (man flu) off my boyfriend. So I guess I have a cold. Good thing I brought a couple of bottles of nyquil home from the States. Comatosed last night, missed my work xmas party :(

You have the manflu denial fierce bad, what with jetting of to the States and your constant partying and your drug use what you are feeling is guilt and remorse.

Pull yourself together woman and take care of your boyfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Mods please ban this self centered, heartless wench of a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I have had severe symptoms for 3 days now with no relief. I can't taste anything and have been shivering uncontrollably. I'm treating myself with Benylin, Lemsip and copious amounts of Halls lozengers and hot Grousse.

None of it is having the desired effect though. I want my Mother!:(

Right i'm off to get antibiotics.....all of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

None of it is having the desired effect though. I want my Mother!:(

You poor man, she is probably distracted by shiny things at Tesco or worse Bingo.

You poor thing, no matter how bad your feeling man flu is worse, how it the BF are you looking after him?
    Put your own needs aside and tend to the sick BF who has a head cold, sorry flu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭missvirgo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6keUdzwFCHU

Serious stuff. Thank God I'm not a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

missvirgo wrote: »

:eek:

heart warming stuff :)

Snowie wrote: »

heart warming stuff :)

You said it :)

Only just realised it had already been posted :( Ooops!

-Ah well, no harm in spreading the word about this serious epidemic. If i help just one poor man, that will be enough :cool:

You said it :)

Only just realised it had already been posted :( Ooops!

-Ah well, no harm in spreading the word about this serious epidemic. If i help just one poor man, that will be enough :cool:

its really nice to see women making an effort to show understanding towards men who've been afflicted bye such tragic and ott decease :(

• Advertisement

Only thing that's keeping me going is El Classico later on tonight!

When will people listen ????

When will big pharma get its act together and start work on a vaccine???

That is so pathetic and not funny. He is so boring he deserves to die from flu and hopefully take her with him.

I think the man flu is resistant to all types of vaccines... :( Treating it with antibiotics used for others flus has only strengthened the virus, and as a result it has become immune to all known inoculations.

Thankfully it only affects big, strong, brave men who can survive it's death grip. (With the help & support of a good woman)

I think the man flu is resistant to all types of vaccines... :( Treating it with antibiotics used for others flus has only strengthened the virus, and as a result it has become immune to all known inoculations.

Thankfully it only affects big, strong, brave men who can survive it's death grip. (With the help & support of a good woman)

But but..but I'm in the house on my own today!!!!:(

Where's my blankie ????

***cries***

But but..but I'm in the house on my own today!!!!:(

Where's my blankie ????

***cries***

lol! You poor auld craythor. Was nice knowing you ;)

Ive been campaigning for 3 years were were you I need rgognition to wards man flu you can't just walse in of the street :mad:
    me a dfm have had doors slammed in our faces your not even a vote just a majority of walseing in type .... :mad:

Snowie wrote: »
    Ive been campaigning for 3 years were were you I need rgognition to wards man flu you can't just walse in of the street :mad:
    me a dfm have had doors slammed in our faces your not even a vote just a majority of walseing in type .... :mad:

Oh oh... is someone jumping on the bandwagon? When all the hard work has been done... :P

Oh oh... is someone jumping on the bandwagon? When all the hard work has been done... :P

Yeh and i don't like it he could at least prasie me a seedy for are hard work :(

instead of just walking in thinking he's contributed.... .:mad:

I wouldn't expect a female to understand its a territory thing ;)

• Advertisement

No men in this thread so ye can't have man flu. few wimps all right.

Advertisement