Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

hairyslug wrote: »
    i have it with the added bonus of the odd vomit, wifey has taken the easy option and decided to go into hospital to have a C-section leavin me with my 2 other kids, she was looking for any excuse not to look after me

poor baby, never mind we are here for you. your wife can relax and enjoy the pain free easy option childbirth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Larianne wrote: »
    If you had proper flu, you wouldn't be able to reach a computer, never mind a boob.

Just sayin'.

You are so hard.

Do you come here to gloat ?

One purpose of the manflu thread is to allow the person or persons most directly affected by the disease to articulate their pain. From the sufferer's point of view it is regarded as valuable in aiding their emotional recovery from their ordeal.

And if a manflu sufferer shares his manflu management successes with other's what gives you the right to judge. ?

Some people are just sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭SisterAnn

I don't like males or females abusing the word 'flu'. I have a head cold right now at my desk and everything seems twice as hard. The immune system is battered and I feel like a dirty subhuman. I am, in a word, fcuked.

However, this is not flu. Flu brings one to ask of oneself - "Would death be so bad?" I have only had it twice in my life. It is traumatic in the extreme. It should be respected as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

SisterAnn wrote: »
    Flu brings one to ask of oneself - "Would death be so bad?" I have only had it twice in my life. It is traumatic in the extreme. It should be respected as such.

Cancer is traumatic in the extreme. Flu is a major inconvenience and feels much worse than it is. And yes, I've only had it once and don't want to have it again.

Confab wrote: »
    Cancer is traumatic in the extreme. Flu is a major inconvenience and feels much worse than it is. And yes, I've only had it once and don't want to have it again.

If you feel you are simply having a 'major inconvenience' then you can rule out flu diagnosis.

Having your skin stripped with potato peelers whilst they spray a vinegar mist on to you whilst having your genitals connected to a car battery is more traumatic than cancer. Where does this end? I was contrasting flu with the common cold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

If you feel you are simply having a 'major inconvenience' then you can rule out flu diagnosis.

Having your skin stripped with potato peelers whilst they spray a vinegar mist on to you whilst having your genitals connected to a car battery is more traumatic than cancer. Where does this end? I was contrasting flu with the common cold.

Now that's just being ridiculously over dramatic. I've had the flu, I had it for two weeks and it took a month after to fully recover. I was puking everywhere at the slightest excuse and it never felt anything like the above. It was an inconvenience, I couldn't go to college or move comfortably for a week or so.

I've seen people die from cancer, it's far worse than the poxy flu. So cut the overly dramatic crap, and next time you stub your toe don't compare it to having your leg sawn off or some such bull. Drama queen.

was contrasting flu with the common cold.

Sister Ann, I am beginning to doubt that you really are a nun, and while you may have empathy pains, it is not comparable.

That is called Nunflu and is entirely psychosomatic -go see a shrink.

Now that's just being ridiculously over dramatic. I've had the flu, I had it for two weeks and it took a month after to fully recover. I was puking everywhere at the slightest excuse and it never felt anything like the above. It was an inconvenience, I couldn't go to college or move comfortably for a week or so.

I've seen people die from cancer, it's far worse than the poxy flu. So cut the overly dramatic crap, and next time you stub your toe don't compare it to having your leg sawn off or some such bull. Drama queen.

You had a prolonged cold then. I hope you don't ever get the flu. You brought in cancer to the debate, and yet I'm ridiculously overdramatic - OOOKAAAAY.
    CDfm wrote: »
    Sister Ann, I am beginning to doubt that you really are a nun, and while you may have empathy pains, it is not comparable.

That is called Nunflu and is entirely psychosomatic -go see a shrink.

Your credibility as a radio station is starting to wane for me too CDfm.
    Anyone who goes to see a shrink needs their head examined.

So cut the overly dramatic crap, and next time you stub your toe don't compare it to having your leg sawn off or some such bull. Drama queen.

Reading between the lines I think SisterAnn is one of those high pressure Lourdes and Knock pilgrimage Salesnuns.

Look at the evidence
    However, this is not flu. Flu brings one to ask of oneself - "Would death be so bad?" I have only had it twice in my life. It is traumatic in the extreme. It should be respected as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Having your skin stripped with potato peelers whilst they spray a vinegar mist on to you whilst having your genitals connected to a car battery...

Now, this is interesting.... what I want to know is, have you experienced the delights of having your skin stripped with potato peelers etc?

CD, you do seem to be improving a bit. No sign of Snowie today - no stamina that child - no stamina I say.

• Advertisement

Alice1, I simply took the pain I experienced when a small amount of salt and vinegar came in contact with a minor cut, the pain I felt when I got punched in the genitals, the pain I felt when touching an electric fence and did some wild extrapolations to come to the conclusion that the pain would outweigh that I have seen people suffer on their deathbed as they succumb to cancer. Much like how scientists measure how far away stars are without actually using a measuring tape.

So - flu - yes - this thread is about flu, isn't it?

Alice1 wrote: »

CD, you do seem to be improving a bit. No sign of Snowie today - no stamina that child - no stamina I say.

I am bearing up - poor Snowie has had manflu abuse from the mean girls.
    So - flu - yes - this thread is about flu, isn't it?

It seems like you have been cloistered a bit too long Sister Ann.

Its like a pestilence and plague and exactly how you would feel as if Beelzebub himself possessed you and thats just the good days.

I am bearing up - poor Snowie has had manflu abuse from the mean girls.

what mean girls, where are they?

*Throws cautionary salt over left shoulder and puts on garlic necklace & clears throat*

Oh hi Sam , how are you .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

You mean girls, the BBC did an educational film about the man cold, watch and learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

44leto wrote: »

You mean girls, the BBC did an educational film about the man cold, watch and learn.

It's not a cold, it's flu:mad:

*sorry for being angry, the flu does that to you*

Cicero wrote: »
    *sorry for being angry, the flu does that to you*

Deep breaths, they are just trying to upset you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You are so hard.

Do you come here to gloat ?

I wasn't. But I am now! I am free of the cold that has possessed me the past week. YAY! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Deep breaths, they are just trying to upset you.

Who???...who???...what are they saying about me???...tell me...tell me...:(

Cicero wrote: »
    Who???...who???...what are they saying about me???...tell me...tell me...:(

you have a head cold Cic, few hot lemons and you will be grand.

hey CD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Ive been flu less week and was so ill today aching all over :(

i think i may have another one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

OK, Countless posts deleted. This is not a joke thread, this is life and death.

Flirting, chatting about anything other then symptoms and the like will result in a ban.

Fair warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've been afflicted.

Woke this morning with the dreaded running nose, so rang in sick and have spent the day in bed but the nose is still runny.

Codeine and Paracetamol have been a friends, what next - death?.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Never had this 'man flu' ever, it's a load of bullsh!t if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Never had this 'man flu' ever, it's a load of bullsh!t if you ask me.

Perma-ban from DCF, MMA & SD&MA!.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

+ 1 for this Terrible terrible Ailment.

Runny nose, runny eyes, Cough, sinus's, headaches.

Is there not a god.............................

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Perma-ban from DCF, MMA & SD&MA!.

:mad:

If they're some sub forums off the Gay, lesbian and trans forum then I'm already banned!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Makikomi, can I have your dogs when you go?

In the meantime,plenty of rest and get your affairs in order :(

Oranage2 wrote: »
    If they're some sub forums off the Gay, lesbian and trans forum then I'm already banned!

Man up - have a tissue .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Man up - have a tissue .
    Oh pur-leeze wouldja lookit who's telling them to "man up" !!

Advertisement