Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh pur-leeze wouldja lookit who's telling them to "man up" !!

And what is wrong with an aloe vera infused tissue .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I dont think i can take this anymore, lying awake for the last 4 hours, with a runny nose and a pain in my sinus like im breathing in air at minus 30 degrees. And i never get sick, its not fair..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I dont think i can take this anymore, lying awake for the last 4 hours, with a runny nose and a pain in my sinus like im breathing in air at minus 30 degrees. And i never get sick, its not fair..

there there be strong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Makikomi, can I have your dogs when you go?

Hard luck I'M A SURVIVOR!.

I made it through the night so I think I'm on the road to recovery now, although one side of my nose is still blocked with gunk so say a prayer for me.

. And i never get sick, its not fair..

The man flu is a plague and is not fair.

Stay strong brother -we are with you.

Try a little exercise , lifting the TV remote can help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Hard luck I'M A SURVIVOR!.

I made it through the night so I think I'm on the road to recovery now, although one side of my nose is still blocked with gunk so say a prayer for me.

If things get bad remember boobs in the face can really help...

be strong and think of jebus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Its been yoyoing over the past week now. Headaches, sinus, runny nose. Anyone fighting this and what, if anything, has worked for you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

You havnt got Flu..you have a cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭naoise80

Try stirring it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

are you a man op?
    if so you should lie down for a few days.
    if not then dont worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

You've caught the gay.

Hot man injections up the arse are your only solution, now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

guitarzero wrote: »
    Its been yoyoing over the past week now. Headaches, sinus, runny nose. Anyone fighting this and what, if anything, has worked for you?

Yeah have had it about two weeks now. The first3-4 days were the worst. Lemsip and disprin(yuk) helped the symptoms a bit. Been about the same for about a week now with stuffy head. Bit of a dog to shift tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Guitarzero...im feeling pretty much the same and im getting piddled off with it! I'd welcome any cures too..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It could be manflu, if so you need to get home immediately the only cure is a bit of pampering by the mammy. Alternatively you could use a girlfriend but mammies are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You could of course try sweating it off, if you have a deft left hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

This way for all the support you need http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055451745

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭nyan warrior

Youll shake it 2 nite when i bash ur windows in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Its been yoyoing over the past week now.

Last week ffs. Man up.

I've had a cold since November and can't get rid of it. I haven't tasted of smelled anything since then. Just get on with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Rest up in bed, and drink lots of water + vitamin C. Plenty of soup for nourishment. Not much else you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

soft kitty soft kitty little ball of fluff:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

dlofnep wrote: »
    Rest up in bed, and drink lots of water + vitamin C. Plenty of soup for nourishment. Not much else you can do.

None of that tosh works, you just have to let a cold run it's way through you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Sneezemerge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Vics vapo in hot water, stick a towel over your head and inhale.

Doesn't cure you but removes all the blockages etc.

Then lemsip to get rid of the horrible pain. Good luck soldier.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭emzippy

I have the same thing, I was sent home from work today with it :(

Just what everyone else is saying, lemsip, bed rest and plenty of vitamins. One thing that I have found amazing is apple cider vinegar! You dilute it with water and drink it. It's absolutely disgusting but clears sinuses almost instantly!!

And its exclusively effecting men?

I keep thinking "Ah, finally, I can go out and...wait...no...aaah my head...right...f*ck!". This has happened twice now, both occasions where I actually had a reason to go out. Man flu has a cruel mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

I cant believe ive been sent here :-( im not a man....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Been suffering *sniffels* really bad all day, nobody here is paying any *sniffels* attention, dont think anyone loves me anymore *sniffels*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Got a slight tickle in my throat and bit of an odd feelin over a week ago, reckoned it could turn nasty so decided to lay low for a few days. Well I'm still not 100% and not sure if I should keep the head down just in case or carry on as normal.

I think its lying in wait for me to have to do something when it will pounce and render me incapacitated so should I meet it head on and accept my grizzly fate or should I keep doing what I'm doing which is as little as possible in the hope it thinks I'm dead and move on ?

Feels like my right ear is gonna pop! erm...

• Advertisement

A bit of female company has been known to have a theraputic affect. Scientifically proven that is. 9 out of 10 manflu sufferers report this.

Advertisement