Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Ive been hearing scattered reports that theres a bird flu that puts hairs not there chest :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Manflu HA I laugh at you sissies, wait till you get a real disease like the one I have now, I think I have the mange, distemper and blue tongue all in one dose. I am afraid to go to the doctor as he is to close to a vet.

I am so sick with the sniffles the humane thing to do would be to put me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Got a dose of it since this morning uggggg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Snowie, ya Big girl's blouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Alice1 wrote: »
    Snowie, ya Big girl's blouse.

I see you are touting blouses as a cure.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Oh how the mighty have fallen today... It got me :mad:

Sweat suit on, with beanie hat. Paracetamol, Ibrobrufen, Codeine and Vicks rub.

Bought a naggin of Power's and dosing with honey and cloves.

Heading to beddy byes with hotwater bottle and drinking chocolate shortly - is there anything I'm lacking for a successful recovery or am I doomed?.

Swap the hot chocolate for hot lemon and you might have some chance of survival - wouldn't bet on it though. Make a will just in case....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Man down !!! Man down !!!

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

MungBean wrote: »
    Man down !!! Man down !!!

:(

grabs the shotgun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

"Man" flu..? ohh u got a snotty nose? a headache? iphone not working? beamer got a flat tyre? nobody home to wipe ur arse and change ur nappy?

IRELAND................. harden the fcuk up!!!!!!!!!!!

take example from Chopper Reid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EY7lYRneHc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Oh how the mighty have fallen today... It got me :mad:

Sweat suit on, with beanie hat. Paracetamol, Ibrobrufen, Codeine and Vicks rub.

Bought a naggin of Power's and dosing with honey and cloves.

Heading to beddy byes with hotwater bottle and drinking chocolate shortly - is there anything I'm lacking for a successful recovery or am I doomed?.

50cc of HARDEN THE FCUK UP

Shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

nice_very wrote: »
    50cc of HARDEN THE FCUK UP

nil problem solving ability there i'm afraid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 InflatableEgo

At the risk of sounding silly :o

Whats man-flu?

A deadly virus that bonds to the Y chromosome. Only through will can a man over come it. You know AIDS? I beat that in a week. Man Flu took me five.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

A deadly virus that bonds to the Y chromosome. Only through will can a man over come it. You know AIDS? I beat that in a week. Man Flu took me five.

Plus the only known cure is sympathy from a good woman which, judging by this thread, is harder to extract than king cobra venom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

im dying alobvfawobal v. m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I think I am going to die :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

I feel something coming on. But what to do next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

derfderf wrote: »

Plus the only known cure is sympathy from a good woman which, judging by this thread, is harder to extract than king cobra venom.

Don't speak for all women! When my boyfriend is sick I wrap him in a duvet with a hot water bottle, make him a fry and tea for breakfast and watch him shoot stuff in Dead Space with massive words of encouragement.

Made him a breakfast wrap this morning... Bacon, fried tomato, mushroom and egg.. Mmm! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Abandon all hope

At the risk of sounding silly :o

Whats man-flu?

The BBC did a public information film about that dreaded condition

WIMMIMS TAKE NOTES

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Get to a bed immediately, time is crucial in defeating manflu. Next you need to inform a girlfriend/mother housemate anyone whose trustworthy and female to come and nurse you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Don't speak for all women! When my boyfriend is sick I wrap him in a duvet with a hot water bottle, make him a fry and tea for breakfast and watch him shoot stuff in Dead Space with massive words of encouragement.

Made him a breakfast wrap this morning... Bacon, fried tomato, mushroom and egg.. Mmm! :-)

You're a keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

A reasonable enough attempt, man has only too known states hungry and Horny, you won massive on hungry, but failed miserabley on the other.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

lividduck wrote: »

A reasonable enough attempt, man has only too known states hungry and Horny, you won massive on hungry, but failed miserabley on the other.:D

Thats what you think. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Daemos wrote: »
    I think I am going to die :(

Wait...no...don't ...there is hope....CDfm should be here soon....he's great with the empathy....I unfortunately lack that trait but please...hang in there....watch re-runs of The Professionals or other manly programmes for the time being...

As above...but watch The Sweeney instead....it's got more violence in it which helps in the early stages of man-flu...

Cicero wrote: »
    Wait...no...don't ...there is hope....CDfm should be here soon....he's great with the empathy....I unfortunately lack that trait but please...hang in there....watch re-runs of The Professionals or other manly programmes for the time being...

As above...but watch The Sweeney instead....it's got more violence in it which helps in the early stages of man-flu...
    Cicero, don't encourage them. Light weights, the lot of them

• Advertisement

Alice1 wrote: »
    Cicero, don't encourage them. Light weights, the lot of them

That's a dreadful attitude to man-flu its scientific fact that man-flu is 10.5 times worse then having a baby.

You should be banned for such a heartless comment.

Advertisement