Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

44leto wrote: »
    You should be banned for such a heartless comment.

Hah, they have tried before, they have tried and failed.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Alice1 wrote: »
    Cicero, don't encourage them. Light weights, the lot of them

You're soooo insensitive...even I, without an ounce of compassionate bone in my body, can see these men are in need of serious medical assistance....do you have no heart..??:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Cicero wrote: »
    Wait...no...don't ...there is hope....CDfm should be here soon....he's great with the empathy....I unfortunately lack that trait but please...hang in there....watch re-runs of The Professionals or other manly programmes for the time being...
    Does a Buffy marathon on SyFy count?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Very nasty stuff this bout of Man flu.. Just had it 2 days. Couldn't move for 24 hr's. Going to wrap up in sweats with a bottle of cough medicine and some strepsil's and see if i can shake it off for monday. A hot lemon every few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Been several days now and I'm feeling much better. Was touch and go there for a while and I'll probably have to resist helping out around the house for another few days just in case I take a turn for the worse.

After that I should probably be rewarded for my bravery by being given more time off from helping out.

I found this mans story helpful when things seemed hopeless.

• Advertisement

Daemos wrote: »
    Does a Buffy marathon on SyFy count?

Yes indeed.....but research shows some patients can experience sides effects that aren't all entirely bad...:p

Cicero wrote: »
    Yes indeed.....but research shows some patients can experience sides effects that aren't all entirely bad...:p

I found that new documentary Spartacus helpful too. I felt my struggle with manflu was quite similar to his struggle with the Roman empire wot enslaved him, kilt his family and made him fight to the death for their entertainment.

I also found the orgy scenes quite informative and educational and found they gave me a certain strength to beat off my horrible affliction.

MungBean wrote: »
    I found that new documentary Spartacus helpful too. I felt my struggle with manflu was quite similar to his struggle with the Roman empire wot enslaved him, kilt his family and made him fight to the death for their entertainment.

I also found the orgy scenes quite informative and educational and found they gave me a certain strength to beat off my horrible affliction.

Excellent....you appear to be recovering well...if symptoms persist, a quick look at Quo Vadis will do the trick...its all about revenge persecution and lust...right up your street by the sound of it...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Seems to be a serious outbreak of deadly man flu about at the moment. Men of Boards be afraid, be very afraid.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

This is the most heart breaking thread on boards, reading the posts about fellow men boardies in the throes and agonies of the dreaded Manflu. I wave my fist in the air and shout,,,, Why God Whyyyyyyy...

**Sniff** Sniff**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭questionquick

Day four of manflu.

It started off with the sniffles. Its got worse everyday. Now I have a cough today.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Day four of manflu.

It started off with the sniffles. Its got worse everyday. Now I have a cough today.

grabs shotgun and leads Questionquick over to the barn to put him out of his misery;)

Day four of manflu.

You are at the cough stage, do not attempt to help around the house or do anything, just watch the tele or, perhaps go to the pub to ease your pain.

Sympathies man profound sympathies.

44leto wrote: »
    You are at the cough stage, do not attempt to help around the house or do anything, just watch the tele or, perhaps go to the pub to ease your pain.

Sympathies man profound sympathies.

Pub is good, warm, plenty of fluids and lots of people around if you take a turn.

Stay away from stuff like going out to get coal or bringing out the bins. I had a cousin who was nagged into bringing out the bins when he wasnt well. He ended up getting a runny nose, he had no tissue or nothin with him so he had to wipe it in his sleeve. Had to change his jumper and everything when he got back in. Course the wife just had another go at him because he abandoned the bin half way down the drive.

I've always said it, theres nothing that would kill ya quicker than a cold hearted woman.

MungBean wrote: »
    Pub is good, warm, plenty of fluids and lots of people around if you take a turn.

Stay away from stuff like going out to get coal or bringing out the bins. I had a cousin who was nagged into bringing out the bins when he wasnt well. He ended up getting a runny nose, he had no tissue or nothin with him so he had to wipe it in his sleeve. Had to change his jumper and everything when he got back in. Course the wife just had another go at him because he abandoned the bin half way down the drive.

I've always said it, theres nothing that would kill ya quicker than a cold hearted woman.

Ohh I hear you, there are example of those said women who posted in this thread, my friends misses asked him once to cut the grass while in the throes of the MF, she even said you can do it after your lemsip, he fainted with the thoughts of doing that chore. It was lucky my phone was not engaged when he called and obviously very upset, we went for a drink to talk about it.

Women they just don't understand MF is a incapacitating condition, it is well known helping around the house makes it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Manflu has arrived. Head is all stuffed up, coughing and sneezing goodo, joints starting at me. This is going to be one miserable Paddy's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

DB21 wrote: »
    Manflu has arrived. Head is all stuffed up, coughing and sneezing goodo, joints starting at me. This is going to be one miserable Paddy's Day.

I hate the way it always strikes right before something your looking forward to. I got a bad dose at Christmas and it totally ruined it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh for goodness sake, tis only the sniffles. Blow your nose and man up!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You my lady have no idea how extreme an affliction man flu can be :mad:, you should never mock a support group. Man Flu makes child birth look like a walk in the park :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

So so sick, 5am can't sleep, nose running coughing, lemsips aren't working, don't think I'll make it........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭JyesusChrist

In the midst of one now:( Drinking gallons of tea a day is the only thing that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I'm with you comrades. Dying myself, more tea is on the cards too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Man up? When you have man flu ? You crazy? That only makes it worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

We know it's only the sniffles. Until it combines with testosterone, then it's the sniffles manning up. I can't believe women still don't get this, the more you man up the stronger the flu gets. It's a widely assumed medical fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Can someone explain man flu to me ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Can someone explain man flu to me ??

The man flu is an extreme powerful strain of the flu virus. Only a powerful strain can infect a man in the first place but once infected the subject is incapicated within 2-3 hours. No ManFlu strain is the same as it mutates with each man looking for weak points. Its main attack is to swell up the throat to prevent the subject from eating and drinking, not to mention headaches, fevers and shivers making it impossible to sleep or relax comfortably. No main flu is the same and THERE IS NO CURE.

I can only speak about my own experience. I acquired manflu in October 2007 (5years manflu free). I was having dinner with friends when i found it extremely difficult to swallow my food, my state worsened as I found myself unable to maintain conversation with people and began to feel hot and drowsy. My other half who luckily understood the dangers, brought me home where i tried to sleep.

That night every breath was a struggle, i was in so much pain there and then i would have welcomed Death's sweet kiss of release. I made it until morning where I finally recieved medical attention after which I slept for 27 hours waking up just before the late late show on a Friday night, which while watching i uncontrollably vommitted all over the room (its is unknown whether this was the manflu or Pat Kenny that caused this, possibly a combination).

After 4 days I was back on solid food and on the road to recovery. Now I look forward to every day and live life to fullest, thanks to the love of my family and my other half.

Podge
    ManFlu Survivor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Christ lads how do you get through it?? I've been literally DYING for the last twenty four hours and no sign of recovery in sight. :(

How do you lads do it????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

How do you lads do it????

Doggie style, missionary, wheelbarrow.

Whatever's on offer.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

literally DYING
    I suggest sorting out your will

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Ah get on with it, few pain killers and some benelyn 4flu will sort ya! :D