Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options
1444546474850»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ah jaysus this is gonna be a long night im getting worse by the minute, im dreading the night i didnt sleep much last night and wont sleep tonight either, its taking alot of effort to even type this:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Culchie down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh for goodness' sake...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

Culchie down :(

Think positive. Don't let it beat you. A few weeks and you'll be back on your feet again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Ive been in bed with it all day,i cant get out of bed cos im too weak and am aching all over, i have herself bringing lemsips up to me though, even though she was at the doctor on friday with a really bad chest infection, she is still sick but at least is taking anti biotics, and she is downstairs minding the kids one of whome has a high temp and the other has just gotten over a sore throat, but im a way sicker then the lot of them of course;) even though she doesnt believe me:D

I hope you pull through, please god you will be able to get to the couch tomorrow for the FA cup or if herself is any good at all she will drop the tv up to the bedroom.

God speed.

• Advertisement

Tis just a touch of the sniffles - man up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

In school my friend used stick the sharp end of the compass in the arse of the fcker sitting in front... not very nice at all but that'd make you forget the man flu fairly quick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

Alice1 wrote: »

Easy for you to say. You're not a man. You'd be surprised how quick this illness can take a turn for the worst. One minute you've got the sniffles and next thing you know you've got a headache!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

I had it recently and one of the symptoms was a feeling like I had sunburn all over. Thought I had contracted some tropical disease or something (was a good chance of it as I had a meal at a pub in Dolphin's Barn recently) but I lived anyway, so keep it together and remember that the most important thing to keep in mind when your ill is this: if ever th.. oh dammit, there's the phone. All the best, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Alice1 wrote: »

You're basically the Holocaust denier of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Snowie wrote: »
    Hey dudes im just wondering about this man flu

who has had it ?

My nearly 24 year old son has it and if he doesn't get better soon, I'm going to kill him if I hear one more complaint or bitchy comment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Well it looks likes the season has arrived. I'm wrestling a hum-dinger of a dose at the moment. Going to try and kill the b@astard with a breakfast roll, coffee, galaxy chocolate and crisps this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭fits

Me too. Thought it was man flu last week but now i reckon it was a virus thing. Not proper flu as wasnt completely knocked out. Now this week i have full on snot factory man flu.

Yaaaawn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

Thought i'd bring this thread back to life :)

Havent had this thing in years. Feeling dizzy/lightheaded all week with a nose like a tap. Not sure why i bother taken medication as it doesn't work. Just ave to leave it run its course but im fkn sick of it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Quandary

raclle wrote: »
    Thought i'd bring this thread back to life :)

Havent had this thing in years. Feeling dizzy/lightheaded all week with a nose like a tap. Not sure why i bother taken medication as it doesn't work. Just ave to leave it run its course but im fkn sick of it at this stage.

Just because the thread has gone quiet doesn't mean some among us aren't battling this relentless illness. Man is a noble and proud beast, most of us quietly soldier on with great stoicism and hope that we can emerge the other side unscathed with no long lasting effects :(

Advertisement