Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Years ago - dont remember it !
    How you feeling? get hold of any of those wonderous remedies recommended?
    Just pigged out on some Eddie Rockets Double Burgers. Ben and Jerry to follow in a bit.

You are soo right Manflu needs pampering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

CDfm, you must be getting better - your appetite is returning. (Must be my chicken soup)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Alice1 wrote: »
    CDfm, you must be getting better - your appetite is returning. (Must be my chicken soup)

Was about to say the same myself. He will be leaving this thread in no time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

CDfm wrote: »
    Just pigged out on some Eddie Rockets Double Burgers. Ben and Jerry to follow in a bit.

You are soo right Manflu needs pampering.

and being called a poor bunny and given a little bell to ring for asistence... :cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Firstly can I say I am female

Secondly I have been struck down since the 27th Dec by a virus, I am coughing up entire pieces of lung, can just about speak, have a headache, sore throat, earache, sick stomach and those awful shivers down my back from feeling ill.

However unlike the men
    wusses
    on here, I will take my trusty Benylin 4 Flu, and arrive punctually into work tomorrow, and do a full days work, after which I shall go home, walk my dogs etc, whereas doubtless my male
    wuss
    colleagues will ring in sick after two weeks holidays complaining of imminent death :confused:

PAH:confused:

• Advertisement

and being called a poor bunny and given a little bellto ring for asistence... :cool:

Are you residing in a pet farm?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

nouggatti wrote: »
    Firstly can I say I am female

Secondly I have been struck down since the 27th Dec by a virus, I am coughing up entire pieces of lung, can just about speak, have a headache, sore throat, earache, sick stomach and those awful shivers down my back from feeling ill.

However unlike the men
    wusses
    on here, I will take my trusty Benylin 4 Flu, and arrive punctually into work tomorrow, and do a full days work, after which I shall go home, walk my dogs etc, whereas doubtless my male
    wuss
    colleagues will ring in sick after two weeks holidays complaining of imminent death :confused:

PAH:confused:

Your are a super strong all powerful creature aka a woman!
    Get well soon

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

i think I am dying. my nose is not functioning normally. I cant breathe. Gah!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Your are a super strong all powerful creature aka a woman!
    Get well soon

Hell will no doubt make me better, it's very warm there
    unless like last year they've forgotten to get oil for the heating
    ChewChew wrote: »
    i think I am dying. my nose is not functioning normally. I cant breathe. Gah!

Chew, Benylin 4 flu is the business!

Deep slow breaths. Try warm orange juice and honney - since you wont my tried and tested remedy! Get loads of goodness into you.
    Mine is nearly gone but my kidneys are aching - anyone else get that?

• Advertisement

Yep coupled with on and off cystitis, I reckon it's the virus just trying out all your organs to find a weak one.

Cranberry juice helps with the kidney pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I have a slight tickle in the back of my throat: an excuse to lie in bed and get breakfast served to me every day by my long-suffering OH, who's off the whole Christmas for the first time in years. It's only right...:D

Ah well, she's back to work tomorrow, so I'm guessing I'll have to get my own breakfast. :(

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Ah well, she's back to work tomorrow, so I'm guessing I'll have to get my own breakfast. :(

Feck, you can eat?

I didn't eat for 36 hours with my VIRUS at it's worst :(

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Chew, Benylin 4 flu is the business!
    cant take any over the counter remedies which is so ghey!
    Deep slow breaths. Try warm orange juice and honney - since you wont my tried and tested remedy! Get loads of goodness into you.
    warm orange juice? :eek:

Saibh wrote: »
    Are you residing in a pet farm?:rolleyes:

Nah i dont like sleeping on hay that much makes me itich.......:)

Why ?

Feck, you can eat?

I didn't eat for 36 hours with my VIRUS at it's worst :(

:o

Gah, I give in. I'm such a doormat. I'm the one swallowing razor blades, but she's the one getting the brekkie in bed every day.

I'm a pathetic non-man.

Gah, I give in. I'm such a doormat. I'm the one swallowing razor blades, but she's the one getting the brekkie in bed every day.

I'm a pathetic non-man.

Here, are you saying you have the manflu and are still getting up and making your OH brekkie in bed on her hols?

I think this deserves a special courage/bravery award, compared to the wusses who started this thread:p

Yep coupled with on and off cystitis, I reckon it's the virus just trying out all your organs to find a weak one.

Cranberry juice helps with the kidney pain.

Sounds delightful :rolleyes:
    I have a slight tickle in the back of my throat: an excuse to lie in bed and get breakfast served to me every day by my long-suffering OH, who's off the whole Christmas for the first time in years. It's only right...:D

You young man are evil and the gods ought to punish you by giving you double dose of this minging flu! Poor GF hope you know you dont deserve her :P

Nah i dont like sleeping on hay that much makes me itich.......:)

Why ?

and being called a poor bunny and given a little bell to ring for asistence... :cool:

I am slightly given up hope on all mankind, next you will be looking at this thread

Here, are you saying you have the manflu and are still getting up and making your OH brekkie in bed on her hols?

No, I don't have the manflu. Yes, she's getting her brekkie in bed on her hols. I was just thinking about this the other day: She hasn't brought me my brekkie in bed since our youngest was born (1999). :o

I think this deserves a special courage/bravery award, compared to the wusses who started this thread:p

LMAO.

• Advertisement

ChewChew wrote: »
    cant take any over the counter remedies which is so ghey!

Crap! Add asmuch honney as possible manuka is best nuke the orange juice in microwave or in a saucpan for a couple of minutes. Ill call my mate tomorow she knows lots about herbs and will have something to help Im sure!

warm orange juice? :eek:

I'm a pathetic non-man.

ignore previous response to this message...

You are great we all now think you are lovely and want to be nice to you brave soilder you are :)

Sounds delightful :rolleyes:

You young man are evil and the gods ought to punish you by giving you double dose of this minging flu! Poor GF hope you know you dont deserve her :P

Pherekydes is a boy, serving his gf/oh breakfast in bed whilst he has manflu/virus! hence my thinking he needs a reward!
    No, I don't have the manflu. Yes, she's getting her brekkie in bed on her hols. I was just thinking about this the other day: She hasn't brought me my brekkie in bed since our youngest was born (1999). :o

LMAO.

Breakfast in bed should be a shared pleasure, regardless of who brings it, shame you've not had it for so long :(

Hope you feel better soon :)

I will treasure this.
    young man, lol

Saibh wrote: »
    I am slightly given up hope on all mankind, next you will be looking at this thread

look its only man flu suffer's who have that kind of problem :)

im a manly man :D

look its only man flu suffer's who have that kind of problem :)

im a manly man :D

Contradiction much??

Aren't you five foot zero, and weighing about 5 stone?

I.e. a small weedy bloke whom manflu loves???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh dear, this sickroom is getting a bit overcrowded - de mans are droppin' like flies.

PML @ Pheredykes treasure!

Chew chew, I'm not medically qualified or anything, but I'm sure I heard somewhere that breathing is necessary to life soooo, if you are not breathing, chances are you have already passed. Go toward the light m'dear.

No sign of Galway rush - I think he may be in Galway.

Should I make more soup?

Contradiction much??

Aren't you five foot zero, and weighing about 5 stone?

I.e. a small weedy bloke whom manflu loves???:D

me contradict my self never, your reading it wrong......
    well actuly im 6.1 and an athletic build.......................
    lets not talk about me and manflu :p

Pherekydes is a boy, serving his gf/oh breakfast in bed whilst he has manflu/virus! hence my thinking he needs a reward!

:)

Agreed - cant afford a holiday for him so what about something like this :D
    http://commanderbond.net/resources/sections/news/images/pierce_brosnan/pb_bondage.jpg

[quote=Alice1;584684

No sign of Galway rush - I think he may be in Galway.

[/quote]

Killed him and went and looted his wine ! :D

• Advertisement

me contradict my self never, your reading it wrong......
    well actuly im 6.1 and an athletic build.......................
    lets not talk about me and manflu :p

Ah good luck with your fantasies midget! :D

Didn't you start this thread?

Advertisement