Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Luggage Question ???

Options
  • 01-01-2009 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi there,

We are heading off to Oz on Saturday and i have been asked to bring over my mates Laptop.....
    At the moment im already bringing my own Laptop, will there be be an issue if there was 2 Laptops in the one Bag ??
    Nearly forgot also a Tom-Tom !!!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They won't care as long as the number of bags you are taking with you for the carryon is still within the limits. You mentioned "we" though so there is a spare person with you to justify the carrying of two anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Na shouldn’t' be a problem. Only thing they complain about now a days is if you have 2 carry on bags and that even differs from one person to another.

Just remember to

Remove the laptops from the case when going through security so they can see them.

Might be asked to switch them on but I doubt it as I never have been.

Only other thing you may be asked is by Aussie border control. If they are work or personal laptops. Just if you’re on a holiday visa you shouldn’t really need a work laptop with you.

But can't see any real trouble .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i do know osmeone who worked in nz border control, and apprently certain types of pr0n are illegal here...

they got to confiscate people's laptops after finding 2girls1cup on the desktop, or something to that general effect.

im not sure on the details, but please try keep it dodge-free.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Ozeire wrote: »
    Just if you’re on a holiday visa you shouldn’t really need a work laptop with you.
    Huh!?! :eek:

I never leave home without at least one laptop or tinterweb device of some description on me. :D

Advertisement