Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Revenue VRT Enquiry result

Options
  • 01-01-2009 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

How accurate this web calculator? Should I expect +/- difference? if so how much % should I allow myself to not to be shocked when actually paying vrt for a car that I am thinking of.

Thanks in advance

vrt_enquiry.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

How accurate this web calculator? Should I expect +/- difference? if so how much % should I allow myself to not to be shocked when actually paying vrt for a car that I am thinking of.

Thanks in advance

They may not add much if anything as the $ amount is low. If they do, any extras will only amount for a % of the approx value they add to the OMSP, ie I paid an nearly 3k on a 16k VRT charge, which I would consider in the upper bracket for "extras".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

If it is 4 years old or newer then you will be caught for VRT on the extras, particularly on German cars for some reason. They will send off the VIN (Chassis no.) of your car to Rosslare to get a list of extras associated with the car. You will be charged extra VRT based on these extras on top of the result above.
    Extras include metallic paint & anything else that doesn't come as standard here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

A friend asked me the other day how much I paid for my Mitsubishi GTO, because he'd just gotten a VRT quote of over 15k... They're valuations are rubbish and have gone mad - I paid 2k VRT a year and a half ago on one!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PCwiggum

I brought in a Passat last month, and paid the exact price from the calculator.
    They just verified the mileage and VIN number.

Bring the printout, as mentioned on the bottom of the enquiry form.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

The VRT calculator, in the current climate is a bit of a joke really but such are the joys of taxes in Ireland. Whatever about the % charged, what they base it on, is the joke. Open Market Selling Price - the car market in Ireland is gone to pot and they (i.e. Revenue) haven't recalculated accordingly. Some of the OMSP's quoted are based on prices a year or two ago and they are not a true reflection so basically, one is getting ripped off of VRT now - however, as above, such are the joys of Irish taxes, what can ya do!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

If you had a VRT Calculation on an 05 Audi A4 of 4,300 how much extra would you expect for extras.

Honest to Jasus lads this gets more complicated each visit.

you cannot estimate what your final car price will be based on all these extras.

Advertisement