Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool Condenser Dryer

Options
  • 01-01-2009 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I have the Whirlpool awz8577 condenser dryer and its leaking. Its only 5 months old. The clothes are drying ok and water is collecting in the container but a puddle of water is clearly visible underneath the dryer. Before i call in the service guy is there anything i can check? tia

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I wouldn't do too much at all. If it's only 5 months old it's covered under the warranty.

Let me know if you want me to move this to Home appliances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

+ 1

If you try anything your warrenty will no longer be valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

Make sure the water is actually from the dryer and that its nothing obvious like the container not pushed in fully and have a look at the manual b4 you call them thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Out of interest, let us know how you get on with warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It could be a leak or a loose pipe. Most of those dryers have a condensate tank at the top (where a washing machine drawer would be) and there's a pump in the bottom that operates every so often pumping up condensate from a chamber in the bottom of the dryer.

If there's a loose pipe or a leak somewhere, it could explain how you're getting dry clothes and a pool of water. Perhaps only half the water's making it to the tank and the rest is leaking onto the floor.

Check that the tank itself is sitting correctly and that there isn't anything blocking it.

DEFINITELY call whirlpool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement