Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Hate Eastenders

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Isn't East Enders there for people who are just too lazy to challenge their bodies and minds?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Hasn't it been proven that prolonged viewing of Eastenders and its associated dark themes has lead to a rise in the amount of serial killer taxi drivers? Makes sense when you think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Elmo wrote: »
    In fairness the title of the Thread isn't fair to EastEnders but you are just as dismissive as the OP when you couldn't respond to this sound criticism of the show.
    it was a fair criticism of the show. I only said that she probably gets stuck in the room watching something he likes that she dont like. Thats grand though cos if everyone liked the same things it would be a boring world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Aidric wrote: »
    Hasn't it been proven that prolonged viewing of Eastenders and its associated dark themes has lead to a rise in the amount of serial killer taxi drivers? Makes sense when you think about it.

That's totally wrong. It has given rise to more truck driver serial killers. It actually makes taxi drivers feel better when they see people having crapper lives than them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

seanybiker wrote: »
    it was a fair criticism of the show. I only said that she probably gets stuck in the room watching something he likes that she dont like. Thats grand though cos if everyone liked the same things it would be a boring world.

So far we have been told that EastEnders is really popular and has a huge audience. So it must be a pretty boring world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

OP install a TV in the downstairs toilet for her to watch the soaps. Thats where people go for a crap:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved from Television.

Mr E wrote: »
    Moved from Television.

Thank god, I was hoping it would be axed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

If you dont like it,then dont watch it.!

Problem Solved.!

if you watch eastenders backwards it tells you to go next door and hump your neighbour:eek:

• Advertisement

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    If you dont like it,then dont watch it.!

Problem Solved.!

How many times has that been said?

Seriously, we know we don't have to watch it. We know how to change the channel. We know how to walk. etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Elmo wrote: »
    How many times has that been said?

Seriously, we know we don't have to watch it. We know how to change the channel. We know how to walk. etc. etc.

If he knows that he doesnt have to watch it,then why is he watching it and complaining.?

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    If he knows that he doesnt have to watch it,then why is he watching it and complaining.?

Maybe he's hoping someone in the BBC would axe the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

CDfm wrote: »
    They are banned in my house.No I dont think the represent society and hope they never will,certainly they do0nt represent my life.

They are bleak and depressing.

Maybe it's because society is getting more bleak and depressing, but Fair City at least is doing a good job of representing recent events. Building projects cancelled, characters losing their jobs and going to London to look for work, people having trouble paying bills. That's not fantasy.

Other soapy stuff is happening too, obviously, and I can't answer for Eastenders, but Fair City is doing a better job of depicting current Irish life than anything I've seen in a theatre in the last year.

I am not a fan of Fair City -but I suppose its OK. I dont watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

I haven't watched Eastenders's in years, but last week I had to visit a relation and had the misfortune of walking in when the whole weeks shows were on back 2 back!!!:eek: O M G !!!! After I left the house I felt like slitting my wrist's or getting drunk (I picked the latter) :(:(.....I can't believe they can call something so depressing a "Soap Opera"...I've often watched happier episode's of "Silent Witness":confused:....I'll stick with good old Fair City:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I have a friend who wont answr the phone to anybody while emmerdale farm is on .As for eastenders and the rest of the soaps, I dont have the attention span required and grab the headphones for music. Indifference is bliss at times

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Eastenders, like most things on the BBC has gone to the dogs. Dreadful characters, dreadful storylines. It infuriates me too.

Advertisement