Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergy Tests

• 01-01-2009 9:54pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could get tested for allergies? I think there's a test that they check you for everything, anyone know if anyone around Ennis does these tests?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

There was a place in Limerick, in past the Gaelic Grounds. I don't remember the name of it but it was in the golden pages. I found them good anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Cheers fin, I take it there's none in town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Dr. Joe Fitzgibbon (if memory serves correct) located directly across the road from the hospital in Galway does allergy tests. I had them done about 10 years ago. He tested me by putting various types of pollens, grasses, dusts etc in two neat rows on my arm (tiny drops of liquid) and gently pricking the skin under (no pain). After a few minutes those that are swollen indicate an allergy. In my case I was allergic to 11/20 of those he tested on me, primarily dust in my case. Following this, he gave me an injection which I had to follow up 2 more times. It was expensive but the improvement was unbelievable and many of my ailments were considerably less than before. Hope this helps.

Advertisement