Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Hot Water from Shower

Options
  • 01-01-2009 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

The shower a triton t90si hasnt been wokring right for a while, its a pumped electric shower. There is no hot water coming out just cold and it is making this like heavy grinding or reving noise, we live in a hot water area and maybe thats the shower is about 4.5 yrs old same age as the house and we bought the house of the previous owners it looks like they had the shower serviced before so it has had problems. How can I go about rectifying the problem to get some hot water back, and also the shower has an annoying drip when i screwed off the shower head pipe it is dripping from the water outet pipe from the shower is there a way of stopping the dripping?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Ginger83

You may need to ask a sparky to take a look. I had problems with the same model of shower, was going from boiling hot to freezing cold every half minute while in use. Worked out that the element in the shower burnt out due to the high content of lime in the water. Eventually got a system in to resolve the problem, great now.
    Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

I have a t90si and this problem is due to lime generally. The boiler has two elements and when they get caked in lime the shower goes hot cold hot cold and eventually when the second elements burns out it will not heat the water anymore. There is a shower shop on the cut off bridge over the main Galway road at Maynooth that will sell you a new boiler, its about 90 smackers. When the water starts going hot and cold you are supposed to remove the boiler and take out the lime otherwise it will go solid with the stuff. If you get the boiler ask an electrician to put in in for you, there are a lot of wires. When it is installed turn the switches off so that it will only run cold water until the system if full of water and then you can turn it up and you are away again. The boilers they make now are sealed units which means you cannot service them anymore. I have two old ones that I service and replace every year otherwise they would burn out when they get caked up with lime. OIne more little tip when the showerhead gets caked up with lime steep it for a minute or two in RED BRICK CLEANER and its like new again. That stuff kills lime.
    Regards.
    Tom.

Advertisement