Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson memory card

• 01-01-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a memory caard for my Sony Ericsson W810i, can someone tell me what my best option would be (in other words a card with decent memory that won't slow down the phone) and where's the best place to get the memory card?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I bought a 2GB M2 card for about €40 on ebay about 1.5 years ago. I'll take a look for the seller for you now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

you can get a 2 gig in town for around 15euro
    http://maxburns.ie/start/sony-ms.html

the w810i uses MS pro duo rather than M2

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

subway wrote: »
    the w810i uses MS pro duo rather than M2

Didn't know that.

Here's the ebay store I used.

http://stores.ebay.com/First2Save

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Edit> Ignore this as I didn't realise the w810i takes a Memory Stick Pro Duo card :o

Speed isn't the issue. Issue is that you only have a M2 card slot which only takes an M2 card - but they are slowly comming down in price think I paid 25euro for 2GB in Xtravision and that was because I was fed up looking. Vaodafone shop had them at 80 euro (yes eight zero) for a 2GB card and Carfone Warehouse were about 40euro (or more) so if you can get one for 15 euro. Also good to have a recomendation as there is a lot of fake memory cheap (and expensive) on eBay for the unwarey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ttm wrote: »
    Speed isn't the issue. Issue is that you only have a M2 card slot which only takes an M2 card - but they are slowly comming down in price think I paid 25euro for 2GB in Xtravision and that was because I was fed up looking. Vaodafone shop had them at 80 euro (yes eight zero) for a 2GB card and Carfone Warehouse were about 40euro (or more) so if you can get one for 15 euro as suggested by AlmightyCushion I'd go for it. Also good to have a recomendation as there is a lot of fake memory cheap (and expensive) on eBay for the unwarey.
    The w810i DOES NOT take a M2.

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    The w810i DOES NOT take a M2.

Sorry :o my k800 uses M2 and have had other friends complain about availabiltiy and cost of the M2 format cards for Sony Ericsson so I thought it must take the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You really shouldn't make assumptions when suggesting to someone what they should buy. Obviously you'd expect the OP to do further research anyway .. but if you're not sure you should say it :)

Random wrote: »
    You really shouldn't make assumptions when suggesting to someone what they should buy. Obviously you'd expect the OP to do further research anyway .. but if you're not sure you should say it :)

I was quite sure! But wrong :P . I was getting the w810i mixed up with another phone.

Wouldn't even have bothered posting if the OP wasn't concerned that a card could slow down his phone :confused:

Advertisement