Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TVersity Slow to Stream to X360, suspect Vista Settings

Options
  • 01-01-2009 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hey Guys

I have my XBOX360 connected into my DLINK DGL4300, and My PC is also connected to that same Router with a Gigabit Ethernet cable.

The XBOX can find the TVersity server just fine and connects to it and can stream media, it plays songs with no problems what so ever. But when I try to stream Videos they take forever to be streamed to the XBOX im talking like 20 mins of streaming, before the thing even starts to play.

Im running Vista, so I checked the Performance tool and looked at what Mediaserver.exe's network usage was,and it runs at 2,500,000 B/min and doesnt run ANY quicker... Any ideas?! biggrin.gif I calculated that this is only 1.9MB after an hour

I figured it could be some dodgey Vista settings, but Im not sure, because I don't see what else it could be since The PC and XBOX are on a Wired Network running @ 1Gbps.

For those who don't know, TVersity lets you stream your media to an XBOX360, PS3, Wii etc etc without using MCE http://tversity.com/

speedva2.jpg

Advertisement