Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

under-age drinking!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Abigayle wrote: »
    Started around 15, in the pubs by 16. I was something like the 'S.hit brick' of the group. Accepted but never conformed to the norm. While they were working the knacker look, I prob looked like I was on a boozy picnic. Corkscrew in pocket, bottle of chardonnay at my side.. Wasnt long doing that before I hit the pub. Doctored an ID but it was never asked for :-/

Ha, I remember going down to the lads on a saturday night, I was one of the very few that worked in that group, I bought a few bottles of bud, they couldn't understand it. I only bought 4 too, some people couldn't understand that I didn't want to get drunk. I was 16 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

ecdl07 wrote: »
    Did you do it?

<
    was that 'cider crazed youth'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Ha, I remember going down to the lads on a saturday night, I was one of the very few that worked in that group, I bought a few bottles of bud, they couldn't understand it. I only bought 4 too, some people couldn't understand that I didn't want to get drunk. I was 16 :P

I only brought one bottle of wine, but there was a method in my madness. I started drinking it to avoid having to go to the toilet in the bushes. The other girls knocked back the cans and needed to go every few minutes, and after a few cans- pissed, in a heap, and knickers round your ankles was not a good look ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I only brought one bottle of wine, but there was a method in my madness. I started drinking it to avoid having to go to the toilet in the bushes. The other girls knocked back the cans and needed to go every few minutes, and after a few cans- pissed, in a heap, and knickers round your ankles was not a good look ;-)
    Remember young lady I started drinking liqueurs when I was 12 or 13. So by the time I was 15 or 16 I was an old hand. In the summer I could usually be found with a bottle of 'reserve' or sherry complete with crystal glass whilst soaking in the atmosphere of my local then called the Green Carpet Inn (local park) with my peers. I could never understand why the lads would swill freely from plastic cider containers. Twas so boorish and uncouth. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

dSTAR wrote: »
    Remember young lady I started drinking liqueurs when I was 12 or 13. So by the time I was 15 or 16 I was an old hand. In the summer I could usually be found with a bottle of 'reserve' or sherry complete with crystal glass whilst soaking in the atmosphere of my local then called the Green Carpet Inn (local park) with my peers. I could never understand why the lads would swill freely from plastic cider containers. Twas so boorish and uncouth. ;)

Lmao. I would have a beef with the setting though. We had the benefit of lush fields (served well as private areas if needed) nearby stream to keep our drinks chilled.. the smell of cow s.hit so fresh it would knock your socks off yet compliment the wine so well that you wished someone would walk past with a cheese platter ;-)

No filth around to take our drinks.. We were spoiled :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Lets see, Started at 14 with the reset of my mates. Never got caugh or in any trouble. Was in pubs and night clubs at 16 :). nearly 30 now oh to be young again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Lmao. I would have a beef with the setting though. We had the benefit of lush fields (served well as private areas if needed) nearby stream to keep our drinks chilled.. the smell of cow s.hit so fresh it would knock your socks off yet compliment the wine so well that you wished someone would walk past with a cheese platter ;-)

No filth around to take our drinks.. We were spoiled :-D
    The cops never took our drink.
    They just told us to go up to the canal banks so that we wouldn't be bothering anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doh!

Apparently I was a late starter at 15. Had a crazy few years, did'nt need a lot of money to have a good laugh with friends. I don't regret it but i came out the other end and grew out of it. Others did'nt, sad....

[quote=didn't do much "knacker drinking" aka drinking on a field of whatever. like a previous poster[/quote]

Also known as "Bush drinking" and I thought thats where most of the underage drinking happens apart from the odd house party.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

........∩_____∩
       |ノ    ヽ
      /  ●  ● | 
      |   ( _●_)ミ - underage drinking, I approve.
     彡、   |∪| 、`\
    / __  ヽノ/?>  )
    (___)  / (_/
     |     /
     |  /\ \
     | /    )  )
     ∪    (___\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yeah, when i was 15 and had just gotten my leaving cert results
    mostly gave up again after 1st year uni

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

First drinking session at 13 :pac:

You havent lived if you havent gone knacker drinking! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You havent lived if you havent gone knacker drinking! :D

And here's me thinking I'd lived for 23 years.

Shit, now I have to completely re-evaluate my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I didnt touch a drink until i was 17.

Ok, i drank Poitin when we had a flu when we were toddlers, but that doesnt count

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doh!

Does Gripe water count??

They wipped that off the shelves a few years ago, can get it on ebay though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

abi2007 wrote: »
    you can be cool with out having a drink.. peer preasure is bad enough without adults encouring it too

Was just kidding. Personally I think young people behave alot better now than people my age(34) did when we were younger. Its sad that irish people drink so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I was one of those under-agers up until 3 months ago, the memories.:( Started bout 15, weekly drinking started nearer to the age of 17.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Yeah, started knacker drinking in a field when I was about 15/16. I had taken sneaky sips of beer before that though. I didnt start proper drinking until I moved out at 18. Now its a daily routine. Jack Daniels for breakfast FTW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Im still doing it... Damn these age restrictions :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Domo230 wrote: »
    You have to question the legal drinking age if almost everyones broken it.(Also guilty)

Also its a bit strange many 17-year olds are trusted to go to college and live by themselves (or in some cases get married or join the army) but not to have a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I drank for the first time when I was 15 on my karate club's trip to Jersey, got rather merry on 2 Smirnoff Ice! I started having a few drinks here and there properly when I was 17. I've never been a *massive* drinker, and I can be a bit of an alcohol snob at times when I do drink, that said on occasion *cough* NYE *cough* I can still drink in an incredibly studenty manner!

I still get ID'd a lot, despite the fact I'm 24 years old. I looked 20 at 16, I still look 20 at 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

drank for the first time properly at a neighbours 21st in the backgarden marquee they set up.was 14 i think, had 3 cans and felt hammered!if only i could do it that cheaply these days! regularly drinkin at 15/16 gettin into the local nightclub when i turned 17.fake id had a year added on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭SAVE_ME.222

My 1st time drunk was on st patricks day when I was 14, and drank 6 cans of stonehouse cider. Got absolutely f00kered. I'm 23 now and even 4 cans of the stuff would floor me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

First time I started proper drinking was last year at the tender age of 17. First time I got drunk is when I somehow I got into Eamonn Dorans with my brother, he paid for drinks and everything! Good Brother.

EDIT:
    Earlier than that I got drunk, Champions League final last year, United V Chelsea. I woke up in the bathtub the next day, my ma just laughed at me :D

I drank for the first time when I was 15 on my karate club's trip to Jersey, got rather merry on 2 Smirnoff Ice! I started having a few drinks here and there properly when I was 17. I've never been a *massive* drinker, and I can be a bit of an alcohol snob at times when I do drink, that said on occasion *cough* NYE *cough* I can still drink in an incredibly studenty manner!

I still get ID'd a lot, despite the fact I'm 24 years old. I looked 20 at 16, I still look 20 at 24.

In a nightclub in Galway they siad I look ed like a 14 year ol.I was nearing twenty one.
    Even more shamefully,I hadnt drank that night.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Yeah, I probably would have started when I was 14/15. Did it on a semi-regular basis until about late 16, then on a regular basis until 18.

Does anyone else notice that in college all the country lads can outdrink the city lads by a mile? Well guess why!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

^Country lads are also a lot madder when drunk too.:pac:

I started drinking last September in college,but I'm 17,so I still be underage.Also means I haven't gone out on the town,since I wouldn't get in anywhere.House parties FTW.:D

Why did they get rid of Gripe Water???I loved that stuff when I was a kid.Used to take it when I had the hiccups.:D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Got horridly drunk when I was 14. never touched a sip again untill I 17 and had new, better friends! :D they introduced me to beer :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I started drinking when I was seventeen. In fact, the only time I was ever refused into a club back then was three days before my 18th birthday. What a pisser, up until then I had a perfect record. Bastards.

Advertisement