Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Place to buy coal?

Options
  • 01-01-2009 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi i am looking for the best value coal in Dublin or the neighbouring counties??? My home has Oil fired central heating however i do like using the open fire in the winter months occasionally..

Its been a year or two since i bought coal. Where is the best value?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I was in the same boat as urself,
    got 40kg bags delivered from a coalman in blanchardstown, €19 a bag, mix of coal and coal briquettes, its very gud.
    if u want his number let me know and i will pm ya it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

Hi i am looking for the best value coal in Dublin or the neighbouring counties??? My home has Oil fired central heating however i do like using the open fire in the winter months occasionally..

Its been a year or two since i bought coal. Where is the best value?
    Thanks in advance.

I don't know a direct outlet, but I do remember in the 90s working in a petrol station and a situation in which we changed our supplier of coal from Stafford's to Clarke Coal, due to the latter underpricing the former. A call to their HQ enquiring about your nearest stockist might be productive.

http://www.vazumo.com/companydetails/88103/Clarke+Fuels

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭RICARDO1982

Thanks for that guys, i will have to buy some next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Got 25 bags (a tonne) for €400 near Balbriggan. Collected it myself as I have a tractor and trailer! My father got a tonne delivered for €450

• Registered Users Posts: 36 a1m1m1o1

Hi you can buy a tonne of coal at Boharnabreena for 425 inc delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭golfball37

40kg bag of pure coal with none of that briquette rubbish in them is 16/17 euro in mid west.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 a1m1m1o1

Wish i lived in the midwest

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jmc_caffrey

Still have the number for a coalman in blanc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jmc_caffrey

brightkane wrote: »
    I was in the same boat as urself,
    got 40kg bags delivered from a coalman in blanchardstown, €19 a bag, mix of coal and coal briquettes, its very gud.
    if u want his number let me know and i will pm ya it

Do you still have the number for a coalman in blanchardstown??

Advertisement