Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£30m Pompey Raid

Options
  • 01-01-2009 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

What do people think of the talk about Harry going for Crouch, Defoe & Johnson for £30m. Wouldn't be bad if the price is correct. Then just add Upson, Parker & Bellamy and we'd be away with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

we wont get all 3,would settle for JD though coz we all know he is a yiddo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

we already have corluka,hutton and gunther as our rightbacks so we don't really need johnson.
    crouch is decent enough but so are bent and pav.
    as for defoe.i would love to have him back but we should remember that he can't play in the uefa or carling cups and if he plays for pompey this weekend he won't be able to play in the f.a. cup either.we would be paying a lot of cash for a guy who can only play in prem games so he wouldn't really be a logical choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭cmcsoft

I think Harry is very shrewd, he brought some excellent players to Portsmouth for reasonable money.

I think he will probably try and get Crouch and Defoe. I think with Pavlyuchenko and Bent he has serious options up top then.

I wonder if he will be in the market for a keeper as well. After that, not sure will he splash out much more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Perhaps 'Arry is thinking of Johnson in a defensive midfield role...
    Don't honestly see why we would want Upson from West Ham.
    Defoe HAS to be signed (especially as Pompey still owe us dosh for him).
    As for Crouch, he can obviously do a job but is somewhat limited.

Advertisement