Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Che Guevara Film

Options
  • 01-01-2009 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I find this brilliant film on the cusp of coming out and yet i hear the same ridicule and damn right narrow mindedness about this man.

Us Irish stand with such cheek on this issue. I remember a article about 2 years ago in a irish newpaper condeming Fidel Castro and Che Guevara as a terrorists and a burtal murdesr. Yet on the next page remember great irish men like Micheal Collins etc as something else that a brutal murderer.

Lets face facts....during independance of our country the men that fought under Collins did kill many many british soldiers and did so without any remorse. Fair enough i would have done the same but to then change the demograph for people doing the same in other parts of the world is damn right ignorant and lacks any kind of basic understanding of struggles against oppresionist regimes.

God sometimes i want to scream at the lack of proper journalism in this country. You hear about Fidel Castro as a communist but you dont hear about the

*Very good health Service
    *Very Good education
    *Higher rate of litearcy than U.S.A. and the list goes on and on
    *Humatirian aid to Cheryonbal

All we want is proper journalism...If we celebrate Collins we must also embrace Che Guevara not as a killer but as a revoltionary of the South America.

I urge everyone to watch this film part 1 and 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Che Guevara had Irish blood...grandmother i think......I will definitely be watching this film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

dolliemix wrote: »
    Che Guevara had Irish blood...grandmother i think......I will definitely be watching this film.

I heard that many years ago. It appears that his grandmother, Anna Isabel Lynch was born in west Co. Galway, moved to South America where she married a man named Guevara. They had a son called Ernesto, who was Che Guevara’s father. I don’t know how accurate this is.

Sources:
    http://www.fantompowa.net/Flame/che_guevara_irish_roots.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_diaspora

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Cromwell had a grandmother from West Cork so I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I seen the movie, its fantastic and I believe there is another part coming out again.
    God sometimes i want to scream at the lack of proper journalism in this country.
    Kiss goodbye to it. Long gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This isn't the Films forum. We have a Films forum though. While a film biopic of someone's life might be a catalyst in starting a discussion on the relevance of someone's political viewpoint to today's politics (which is what this forum is about), this isn't what this thread is so far. Nor is it the History & Heritage forum, Ernesto Lynch's Kerry or Galway grandparents might be relevant there. Historical merits of Guevara's struggle might be relevant in either History or Humanities.

Decide whether it's fish or fowl or whatever and pop it into the relevant forum then. Nothing in any of the posts in the thread so far belongs in Politics though, there are other forums more appropriate for any or all of them. If you're really interested in discussing Guevara's views on politics, society and all that (not, note, not the movie) then something could potentially go into the Political theory forum.

Obviously I'm locking the thread. Without prejudice.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement