Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6500Classic Problem

• 02-01-2009 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Just seeing if anyone has come across this problem at all....Today i made a call from my 6500 classic, i could hear the receiver of the call perfect but they couldnt hear me at all. Strange i thought so i hung up and tried again. Same story. I tried a different number and still same problem. I turned phone off/on then and got the missus to phone me and worked grand. Then later on i got another call and original problem is back. Its like the microphone is either disabled somehow (?) or else a hard fault with it. I tried eliminating the hard fault idea by recording my voice in the voice recorder but not a sound picked up.
    The phone worked grand yesterday. I actually was at home last night so no possibility of moisture damage in pint glass! It stayed on the couch all night. I took it apart briefly today in work and no obvious faults present. Called into Vodafone shop in airport and they said they can send it off for repair and give me replacement in mean time. Grand i thought. I said i will come back tomorrow as i want to back up all data on it first. Then got home and decided to flash the memory and re-install firmware...dont this but its still the same. Dont understand though how problem could "just happen" when it wasnt being used, no moisture injestion, wasnt dropped, kept in too warm/cold climates...
    Anyone any ideas before i drop it into Vodafone tomorrow?
    Cheers

Advertisement