Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Round the world trip...

• 02-01-2009 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hi!

I'm taking one, maybe two, years out to go travelling with my boyfriend. I wanna see as much as possible but a bit lost as to how to go about planning it!! I've already done some of Asia so i want to start in South America.

Anyone travelled much who can give me some tips or know of any places to see?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Well South America is massive but since you have so much time you can do alot, I did:
    Rio - Amazing beaches and amazing sights but a bit dodgey off main touist areas and at night.

Iguasu Falls - Amazing seen both sides only takes 2 or 3 days to do (on the boarder of Brasil and Argentina) Agentina side is the better for vantage point

Buenas Aries - Amazing city would have loved to stay longer and learn spanish check other threads which can add loads of places to see in Agentina

Peru - Lima is not worth seeing but Cusco is really cool with lots of cultural things to see and over night trips to Macchu Picchu a must

Thats all i did im sure others can expand but check other threads. See south africa too if you can
    And pop into trailfinders for some advise and RTW flight options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

You're best arriving and just figuring out everything as you go along. Have a rough route but from experience you will never stick to what you had planned. So it's pretty much a waste of time sitting down and trying to figure stuff out. Your best source of info is from other travelers. And there will be plenty of people more than willing to tell you stuff in hostels.

Advertisement