Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A with BIGMICKG

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    well done on a great achievement and congratulations on your determination to carry it through.

1. If you had to start from scratch on the 1st of jan this year, what would you do differently and how would you approach it.

2. Are you using any AHK scripts / helper software
    jorj95(george lind ) made 3mill vpps last year on a laptop
    All he uses is a betpot % script and allsnap

3. from sharkscope you were up close to 80k after 8k stts and finished the year up 52k after 25k stts.
    is this a result of moving to the bigger buyins at that stage or something else.
    would it have been possible to make elite if u had stayed on the lower levels or make as much as elite is worth continuing at those levels (hard to be sure i know)

4. If u had started your graph after the 8kstts how long would you have continued your quest. ie down 25k from that point.

5. whats your plan if not going for elite this year to best utilise the bonus of having it for 6months.

GL in 09

1. prob wouldnt do a lot different tbh

2.no im not using any at the minute altough there defnitly something i would consider as typing in bet sizes sometimes isnt possile

3. started the year on +$43k i think got off to a really good start. my graph until this year was excellent because i didnt play turbos or as many tables as i do now. b4 i decided to go for elite i knew my graph would change drastically. i took this into account before starting. decided if i could get elite by breaking even or better then itd be worth it. dont think i would have made as much if i had stuck to non turbos altough my graph would have looked a hell of a lot better. i ran really bad at the $500s put it down to variance but im prob just not good enough to beat them. no theres no way i could have made elite by sticking to the lower games. ud have to play 40k $60sngs to make elite

4. id have been broke lol so no choice

5. the 400% fpp bonus is just so good! its hard to resist playing as many $100-$225s as i can even if it means making little or no profit. like lets say i play 15k $225 sngs. and im down around $20-30k actual profit on sharkscope or whatever. in reality id be up well over $100k sounds weird to some people but its true

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

What did your parents think at the time of you going fulltime?

Do you ever play with drink on you and if so it this a leak for you?

Do you have any desire to play other card games other than Holdem?

Do you make it your business to watch some favourite tv or do you just watch whatever is on?

What do you think is a better quality for a player to have, a very big ego or no ego at all?.

Do you get approached by reps from other sites to play on their site?

Did you ever get attacked by any hooligans on any of your man u outings or have you ever encountered unprovoked violence at the football and
    if so describe the scene?. If not give an account of an interesting story on one of your trips to see utd?

Enjoyed reading your responses, well played and good luck at the tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Well done mick, great achievement.

One question general question. Whats the difference in monetary terms of supernova and supernova elite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

nice one on doing the well mick, i totally forgot that u just use a laptop for playing.

Do you think you will get a proper set up at some stage?

Wat do you think about when you've made a bluff and the villain is giving you a long sweat?

Why bulgaria for the apt?

Do you try satellite into many events on stars?If so any joy?/If not why?

Whats ur favourite piece of jewelery that you own?

Well done again on the SNE, gl for 09.

• Advertisement

What did your parents think at the time of you going fulltime?

Do you ever play with drink on you and if so it this a leak for you?

Do you have any desire to play other card games other than Holdem?

Do you make it your business to watch some favourite tv or do you just watch whatever is on?

What do you think is a better quality for a player to have, a very big ego or no ego at all?.

Do you get approached by reps from other sites to play on their site?

Did you ever get attacked by any hooligans on any of your man u outings or have you ever encountered unprovoked violence at the football and
    if so describe the scene?. If not give an account of an interesting story on one of your trips to see utd?

Enjoyed reading your responses, well played and good luck at the tables.

werent 2 impressed at 1st obv there ok with it now

no never online maybe the odd live game but nothing serious

no none really grab my attention

just watcj whatevers on im a big fil fan about 500 dvds and go the pics at least once a week

a mixture of both really. i reckon about 99.999% of serious poker players overrate themselves anyway

nope

no thank god! lol no interesting stories just the usual drunkeness

Well done mick, great achievement.

One question general question. Whats the difference in monetary terms of supernova and supernova elite?
    theres no comparison. to reach supernova uve to pay $20k rake for elite uve to pay $200k. no real benefits of elite except 250% bonus on fpps. with elite u get 400% and the tourney entries milestone bonuses etc

AKQJ10 wrote: »
    nice one on doing the well mick, i totally forgot that u just use a laptop for playing.

Do you think you will get a proper set up at some stage?

Wat do you think about when you've made a bluff and the villain is giving you a long sweat?

Why bulgaria for the apt?

Do you try satellite into many events on stars?If so any joy?/If not why?

Whats ur favourite piece of jewelery that you own?

Well done again on the SNE, gl for 09.

dont know if ill ever get a proper setup, played on a friends 4 monitor setup and found it weird but he had them beside each other id like to try a set up with the monitors in a box like 2 on top of 2. 16 tables no overlap. not sure if i could adjust tough id say itd take time

lol no comment u fcuker! :o

bought a 1 bed apartment for 30k where else would ye get. so just cos of price i suppose. had a decent bit of cash last year and didnt want to completely blow it so thats why i bought the apt

no dont try many sats, mainly cos i dont like playing mtts online cos they take too long. also cos my mtt record online sucks!

lol again, would have to be me bracelet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

I have to say this is a fantastic Q&A/Well, cheers Mick. Impressively straight, honest no bull**** answers and it really shows how far the online game has evolved in the last few years. For a young Irish player its a milestone achievement. You should be applauded for setting yourself a goal, taking control of it and getting there.

I've only got a quick question.

What games do you see yourself playing in three years time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

BIGMICKG wrote: »
    dont know if ill ever get a proper setup, played on a friends 4 monitor setup and found it weird but he had them beside each other id like to try a set up with the monitors in a box like 2 on top of 2. 16 tables no overlap. not sure if i could adjust tough id say itd take time

lol no comment u fcuker! :o

bought a 1 bed apartment for 30k where else would ye get. so just cos of price i suppose. had a decent bit of cash last year and didnt want to completely blow it so thats why i bought the apt

no dont try many sats, mainly cos i dont like playing mtts online cos they take too long. also cos my mtt record online sucks!

lol again, would have to be me bracelet

I wasnt gaggin ya for the 2nd question, lately i cant keep a straight face wen im bluffin, its ridiculous.

Why dont you try the steps satellites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Hi Mick,

WP on SNE and a great honest well..

I always found you to be one of the honest poker players when it comes to your results... I've been keeping an eye on your sharkscope as you know from time to time... Interesting to see the route it's taken from a major winner to break even from play ....prob making more on rb.. was this a consicious decision to play more tables/games and decrease winrate for rake?

your due a good score in a mtt soon..... then you can get on hendon mob and be a real player! ;)

good to see a nice guy do well

I have to say this is a fantastic Q&A/Well, cheers Mick. Impressively straight, honest no bull**** answers and it really shows how far the online game has evolved in the last few years. For a young Irish player its a milestone achievement. You should be applauded for setting yourself a goal, taking control of it and getting there.

I've only got a quick question.

What games do you see yourself playing in three years time?
    ye thx man. im very determined to reach goals, targets that i set myself helps to keep u motivated. can be hard to get urself to play when u dont have to like. elite was great for making me play last year

only time will tell i suppose. im afraid to say sngs cos i know people are gonna start saying theres no way i can keep up what im doin now but ill see. hopefully ill have had a huge score by then and be touring the world playing when i want :cool:

Macspower wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

WP on SNE and a great honest well..

I always found you to be one of the honest poker players when it comes to your results... I've been keeping an eye on your sharkscope as you know from time to time... Interesting to see the route it's taken from a major winner to break even from play ....prob making more on rb.. was this a consicious decision to play more tables/games and decrease winrate for rake?

your due a good score in a mtt soon..... then you can get on hendon mob and be a real player! ;)

good to see a nice guy do well

thx paul. ye i mentioned this already before i decided to go for elite i knew there was no way i could maintain my winrate from the 2 previous years. but decided i would be happy if i achieved elite by breaking even. i know it may not look like it but i think this is more profitable for me long term than playing fewer tables and non turbos altough my winrate according to ss as u said is basically 0 now. in 07 according to ss i made $43k profit total profit for the year was $50 after rakeback and bonuses etc. in 08 i made $9k however my total profit for the year was around $150k. u see were im coming from. in 08 if i had stuck to my optimal game (non turbos) 9 tables max. i reckon i could have maintained my excellent looking graph and made somewhere around $60-$80k. but this would only have worked out around $80-$110k total profit for the year. and bein elite now of course im getting 400% bonus on fpps which is unreal and will hopefully enable me to make more this year. so going for elite was defnitly a consicious decidion and kind of a 2 year plan.

i am a real player lol i have a hendon mob profile. even if it is only 3 small cashes and not even me in the picture lol. they got me mixed up this year at the wsop i think. check it out name is michael graydon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Interesting read, well done again Mick

AKQJ10 wrote: »
    I wasnt gaggin ya for the 2nd question, lately i cant keep a straight face wen im bluffin, its ridiculous.

Why dont you try the steps satellites?

i assumed u were winding me up about bluffing cos u totally caught me at it in tramore.

gave the steps a decent shot in noivember bought into arount $3k worth of step 4s. got to 2 step 6s played both of them within a week. played 1 like a fcukin donkey! and ran set into set in the 1st level of the other so i kinda gave up on them after that. will prob give them another go in february. or/and before wsop as i heard they can be pretty soft around then

Tight Ted wrote: »
    Another question. Do you find you lose a lot of poker hours because of being hung-over? I find after a night-out I'm just wrecked, can't play my A game at all. Even if I had the full day for playing poker after a night out, I'd rarely be able to play even 1000 hands.
    lol ye big problem for me this year. main reason i hardly played on the weekends cos if i wasnt out drinking i was recovering and in no mood of playing poker. so on sundays while most of the regs are playing all the sunday tourneys im usually recovering,chilling out, actually i go the pics quiet alot on sunday nights

Interesting read, well done again Mick

thx daragh ive never actually even met u altough u were pointed out to me in the past, people i know have also spoken highly of u regarding coaching etc. doubt u know what i look like but ill introduce myself if i see u again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 GoodEnough

when you say you started at $5 SnG's what would you suggest how much you should have in your account starting at this level Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Will you try to keep your SNE status from now on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭adzer86

Are you ever gonna teach Mick Snr to play? If so can you talk Bob under your wing also. Ive given up trying :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Thanks for doing the well Mick, interesting read.

How did you come about playing so many tables at once? Did you make a conscious effort to play as many tables as possible? Was it difficult when you kept being sat out or worse still seeing AA folded in front of your eyes without being able to stop it! What tips would you give to help playing 8 tables +?

How come you don't play lots of satelites as well as stt's? Stars do lots of diff types too with mtts, steps etc. I would have thought they open the door to a really big scoop in an EPT etc, not to mention deliver a softer standard of play than the reg $200 stt and you would prob have an excellent game for the closing stages of a sat from you turbo stt experience. Even only as a small side to what you are already doing? Do you/will you be playing sats in '09 and if so what for?

Have you ever considered dropping Stars and your pursuit for SNE and proposing yourself to the highest possible RB offer from any given poker site? I'm sure there would be many out there tthat would love to have you and offer extremely high RB as a result.... Perhaps I'm wrong. Have you looked into changing sites?

Favourite CD/Book/Film/Person/Poker Player of all time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

good read, no questions other than what have been asked already.

Just a story from our brief play together - I rem playing a hand with you one night in the SE and we were sitting sitting side by side, both of us had been playing really really tight, I was playing tight waiting for the blinds to go up and antes to come in and I assumed you were doing the same also so you could start nipping.

Anway, limp from LP, you raised the button, and I shoved the SB. You went into the tank for a few mins and finally folded after mumbling 'jaysus - you must have a hand, ive not played one for 30 mins and i know u recognise this so you can only be reshoving with the goods' - lol, i had a bag of spanners obviously. :) There wasnt another player in the tournament who if they had played that tight for that long that I would have reshoved against - take this as an indication of how highly I rate and respect your game.

Your a great guy and you carry your success in poker very very well, its always a pleasure to play with you and meet you. Like you, I also hope you get a big score in one of your 3 key events this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭MarkT1234

Hi Mick.....just like to say very well done m8...some achievement :cool:!!!!

Just don't let anyone know you're Supernova Elite on Stars during live tournies...it'll completely ruin your otherwise very loose image :D.

good read, no questions other than what have been asked already.

Just a story from our brief play together - I rem playing a hand with you one night in the SE and we were sitting sitting side by side, both of us had been playing really really tight, I was playing tight waiting for the blinds to go up and antes to come in and I assumed you were doing the same also so you could start nipping.

Anway, limp from LP, you raised the button, and I shoved the SB. You went into the tank for a few mins and finally folded after mumbling 'jaysus - you must have a hand, ive not played one for 30 mins and i know u recognise this so you can only be reshoving with the goods' - lol, i had a bag of spanners obviously. :) There wasnt another player in the tournament who if they had played that tight for that long that I would have reshoved against - take this as an indication of how highly I rate and respect your game.

Your a great guy and you carry your success in poker very very well, its always a pleasure to play with you and meet you. Like you, I also hope you get a big score in one of your 3 key events this year.

Cliffnotes: I think you are a great player but aren't I ****ing deadly too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Cliffnotes: I think you are a great player but aren't I ****ing deadly too?

or maybe its just easier to detail the hand rather than say 'oh i played a hand against you and wouldnt have played it the same way against anyone else', to which mick mite respond 'oh what hand was that' to which id have to respond in turn telling him about the hand.

cliffnotes: maybe ur a prick?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

Good well Mick, no questions luckily for you. Well done on SNE, great to see you made it after everything. See you at the next live tourney I play, hopefully GJP festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

howdy mick!

great playa, super achievement, i've spent a week trying to think of worthwhile questions:

1) have you learned yet that when you raise from EP on the bubble of a live tourney and the best player in the world ships that you should fold KK??

2) when you (continously) suck out against me on stars, do you think to yourself: a) LOL im a sick luckbox,
    b) wow ul, that guy totally owned me, i wish i was that good, or
    c) both a and b

3) what's your dog's name??

cya at the tables :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

This is actually being pretty interesting. No questions but good job and well done on getting SNE

cliffnotes: maybeur definitely a prick?

FYP:p

Only having a giggle Noel.

• Advertisement

rag2gar wrote: »
    Thanks for doing the well Mick, interesting read.

How did you come about playing so many tables at once? Did you make a conscious effort to play as many tables as possible? Was it difficult when you kept being sat out or worse still seeing AA folded in front of your eyes without being able to stop it! What tips would you give to help playing 8 tables +?

How come you don't play lots of satelites as well as stt's? Stars do lots of diff types too with mtts, steps etc. I would have thought they open the door to a really big scoop in an EPT etc, not to mention deliver a softer standard of play than the reg $200 stt and you would prob have an excellent game for the closing stages of a sat from you turbo stt experience. Even only as a small side to what you are already doing? Do you/will you be playing sats in '09 and if so what for?

Have you ever considered dropping Stars and your pursuit for SNE and proposing yourself to the highest possible RB offer from any given poker site? I'm sure there would be many out there tthat would love to have you and offer extremely high RB as a result.... Perhaps I'm wrong. Have you looked into changing sites?

Favourite CD/Book/Film/Person/Poker Player of all time?

cheers gary, for a long time i only played like 6 tables max and tried to study my opponents etc. but then i decided to start adding a few more and just kept adding tables really. main reason for this as i said was going for elite. i dont get sat out, folded hands very often. if this was happening alot id prob play less tables.

ye next month im gonna give the steps another go. try play an ept before monte carlo

no havent really considered it altough a few people have suggested it to me. im happy enough on stars tbh so dont really feel the need to change

fav cd... havent really got 1 in paticular. wouldnt be a big music fan. i do like rap and dance music. was a huge oasis fan when i was younger but i kinda wore off them.
    fav. book...dont think ive ever ead 1 outside of school
    fav. person... no real role model
    fav. poker player... either daniel negranu or phil hellmuth both are great 2 watch imo

Advertisement