Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A with BIGMICKG

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

howdy bud

what day are you on the feature table in the wsop?

(wanna watch you donk off your stack :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

bops wrote: »
    howdy bud

what day are you on the feature table in the wsop?

(wanna watch you donk off your stack :p)

Day 4. Im fcuking dreading it! Im gonna get some abuse over the Q 2 hand on the bubble :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

BIGMICKG wrote: »
    Day 4. Im fcuking dreading it! Im gonna get some abuse over the Q 2 hand on the bubble :o

:pac: well imo i think you played it v well

cya in citywest in afew weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

Hi Mick, just wondering how much of the jewellery and bling you'll be sporting in the RTE heat? Will I need a new pair of extra strong sunglasses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Hey mick sorry for annoyin ya again man but finally started my quest to play sngs online fulltime yesterday slightprofit lets hope it continues but i ust wanna know what sort of computer system do you use cos i can only fit 4 tables on my laptop?????

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 micko10

i totally understand what ur saying here. but tbh im not really bothered what people think of me as a poker player. to me playing online is about making as much money as i possibly can and not about trying to impress people into thinking im an excellent poker player. in a way i agree with u, it is more impressive to destroy high stakes cash games. any1 who does this is prob twice the poker player ill ever be. u say what i do isnt very inspiring maybe it isnt. but like i said its about making as much money as i can. dont care how i do it. i did grind a $50 bankroll into 6 figures within a couple of years without any big wins i think alot of up and coming players may find this inspiring. ok so $100-$200k a year isnt a sick amount of money but taxfree for someone with basiaclly no education i think its ok

Great reply Mick.

I shared a table way you in the side event at killarney last year didt realise you were a big online winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishKestrel

I usually witdraw x amount each week. Feels like a steady income

Thanks - was wondering how the fulltime players did it.

I realise you're only 23 or so and you have some serious tax-free earnings at the moment, and hopefully into the future. Are you just enjoying the moment or have you done any serious planning with respect to a career in poker (and all the cashflow issues that go hand in hand with that)?

Have you ever considered developing a Virtual Training programme - similar to the one David "The Maven" Chicotsky is doing for grinding MTTs?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PLUMP6

Hello Mick,
    I am currently playing on PokerStars this summer and i just have a few questions for you. I am sure it is just me but it seems like i run worse than any other player on stars. I can not win a coin flip, i am probably 15% on coin flips this week and when i do win them i am short stacked and all in and then lose a few hands later anyways. Questions:

1. Does your account just run really well or do you just play enough tourneys to make it through suckout after suckout after suckout? I had a good stack in a tourney yesterday, then i get QQ vs. a supernova with A 10 off, he flops an ace, few hands later JJ vs. A6, he flops an ace, few hands later i shove A 10 and get call by a supernova with A8 and he flops an 8. As a card player how am i supposed to deal with this, do you have to just take a break and give up on days like this or what?

2. How did you start out? How big of a bankroll? What did you play? Did you win right off the start?

3. Did you read any poker books or watch poker on TV to try to get tips and hints?

Thanks man, i need something to help me grind through this, i build a bankroll and then run really really cold, i cant seem to just keep building.

Advertisement