Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[QUESTION] Well Warrior L96 and .28 BB's

Options
  • 02-01-2009 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask a quick question, i have a Well Warrior L96 rifle, and i recently purchased some .28 bb's to improve the accuracy etc.

However i noticed when i cock the gun (via the bolt), if i point the gun downward the BB will just roll out the barrell.

Has anyone else had this issue, and is it fixable.. or does anyone know why it is happening and how to fix it. By the way they are still 6mm bb's

All help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Sinister747

Just a quick note, i just tested and this issue happens with both 0.28 and 0.2 gram bb's... this is really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

It sounds like the hop-up is turned off and therefore the nub is not extruding enough to stop the bbs from rolling past. Just turn the hop up slightly so there is enough nub exposed to stop the bbs rolling out the barrel. I had the same issue with my M9 and P90, in their out of the box state, increasing the hop-up done the trick.

When i got the gun i done some repairs on it (as recommended by a post on boards.ie) to fix some veering left and right problems with the hop-up (re-aligning some rubber) so i may have done something then.

I again dismantled the gun down to the barrell and looked straight down the barrell, i can not (no matter how much i adjust the hop-up) see any rubber butting up from the bottom.. does this mean my hop-up is not working? should i see rubber down the barrell?

I have redone the hop-up adjustments i done in the first place (to ensure they where correct) and i am possitive that it is all perfect.

However no matter how much i adjust the hop-up the bb continues to roll out

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

You may have lost the nub. It is a tiny cylinder shaped piece of rubber and is very easy to lose.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your comments; by nub do you mean the piece pictured below...

guarder-black-hopup-rubber-set.jpg

if so, i have the big piece.. although the little piece down down to the left.. im not sure i have that. If i am missing this piece how do i go about fixing the problem?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You wont have that little piece, since they aren't used in the L96.

the problem sounds like your hop rubber iusing sitting on correctly. the hop rubber should hold the bb behind it until the air forces it through it. never rely on turning hop setting up to prevent bbs from rolling out of the barrel, your not fixing the problem, just countacting it and it can lead to problems with accuracy and power.,

Next time you strip it down, make sure the hop rubber is bone dry, this is one part of the gun you dont want to ge silicone oil in. then when its all apart you can stick the hop rubber on the barrel and try to drop a bb through it. it shouldnt pass through if the hopup is placed correctly.

Ok so, after some troubleshooting i have found the issue, however i am unsure on how to fix it.. so all help appreciated.

The Issue
    When the BB enters the inner barrel (hop-up) it sits in a lane is is held by the rubber piece (pictured in previous post). And it is very sturdy and won't move (even when blown).

However as soon as i cock the gun, the cocking level (piston head thing) seems to be too long and pushes the BB through the Rubber Nub.

How on earth do i fix this, and has anyone else had this problem. Thanks in advance, rapid responses greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Make sure the cylinder head is on right and the barrel is up the outter barrel all the way if those are fine I guess you could try un screw the outter barrel enough so that it doesnt happen

Make sure the cylinder head is on right and the barrel is up the outter barrel all the way if those are fine I guess you could try un screw the outter barrel enough so that it doesnt happen

Thank you very much, i just had to split the gun (into the main barrel and bolt assembly) and then twist the outer barrell to tighten it.

I remember what i did to f**k it up in the first place now, i thought that the outter barrel was loose so i tightened it, apparently i tightened it to much, but now it works perfectly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement