Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perth Beers - Friday, January 16th

Options
  • 02-01-2009 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭

Right seeing as there has been some interest and there will be a few a new arrivals by then I'm taking the initiative and setting a date.

Friday, January 16th

I finish work by 4.30pm so will be around from then. Open to suggestions for a venue but somewhere around Murray Street would probably be best for working folk.

Who's in?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

the moon and whistle or whatever it's called? I like that place, good selection of beer too

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Moon & Sixpence?

1741305-Moon_Sixpence_Pub-Perth.jpg

Sounds good to me. Need to get there early enough or even reserve a table though cause it gets jammers after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'll see how the funds are. Bit iffy at the moment, otherwise i'd be there already, with the missus in tow! :p

need to work on accomodation too. gonna be a busy week. may need a few pints to relax after it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Ah sh1te im working til 9. Working 2 sodding days that week and typically its a Friday. Guess ill have to catch up when I arrive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I'm in.

I'm staying at the Riverview apartments on Mount Street. Think that's East Perth (?). But I should have figured out how to get there by then. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Regulator79

Count me in too.

Ive already cleared a space in my freezer for at least one of your heads.

mine is f*cking massive it'll never fit

lol i still have no accomodation. Goign monday morning. May need to splash out on a hotel, in which case the funds will be practically non-existent!! :eek:

why not, is everywhere booked out? Hmmmm, maybe loads more came after xmas, noticed a surge in GAA/Munster jerseys around town on my lunchbreaks lately

Yeah there's a heap of culchies floatin around this week. Ugh.

I'm surprised that you can't get somewhere though.

• Advertisement

There are plenty of shovel handed bogmen in town these days. As the banana republic’s disintegration increases expect numbers to increase.

Ive also noticed that the vast majority of our Perth bound émigrés seem to be dudes. This is unfortunate but I wouldn’t be surprised if most of them are victims of the construction bubble bursting explaining the gender imbalance.

Couple of questions.

1.Why do Irish people feel the need to wear jerseys that demonstrate where they are from?
    2.Why do the culchies hate the Dubs so much ( apart from obvious inferiority complex)

I don't know why they hate us at all...
    And from my experience in life, there's generally more blokes than women everywhere, in any situation, the only reasonable explanation being that they're too busy having sex with their boyfriends at home

To be fair though would you really want a heap of sub standard Irish birds hopping off a plane and taking away from the stunning mix of birds already here?

(There are exceptions though of course, seeing as my missus is Irish)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'd love to go. Pity I'm in ****in Ireland right now.

:rolleyes: Feeble excuse tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

1.Why do Irish people feel the need to wear jerseys that demonstrate where they are from?
    2.Why do the culchies hate the Dubs so much ( apart from obvious inferiority complex)

1. It's called pride.
    2. We love ye jackeens.

was just out for a walk at lunch - seriously why do the teenage girls have to wear micro-shorts, there are 100s of them, I'm going to get arrested sooner or later

Ha ha those micro shorts are full of the epic win.

If it was back home you'd see every heffer who thinks they're a size 8 wearing them. *shudder*

Xavi6 wrote: »

If it was back home you'd see every heffer who thinks they're a size 8 wearing them. *shudder*

I just wish I was 10 years younger

1. It's called pride.
    2. We love ye jackeens.

Pride in what? Being from somewhere. Guess what? Everybody is from somewhere its an accident of birth as to exactly where. People should take pride in their achievements. Having a nationality is not an achievement.

Defining yourself by your nationality- or wearing a t-shirt that tells people exactly where you are from- is a form of weak minded idiocy and supposes that being from Munster, for example, somehow makes you superior to everyone else. Madness I say, unless of course you are at some form of sporting event then I'm all for it.

+1 to the micro shorts. Im getting some on Saturday.

• Advertisement

Having lived in Scotland for the past few years, where being 'from the sooth' (as they call the Republic) is generally considered something I should be ashamed of, I am actually looking forward being Irish without getting grief over it every 5 minutes.

I think it's quite nice to celebrate the good points of where you are from. You just don't want it straying over into the bad side of pride.

Looking forward to these beers anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Pride in what? Being from somewhere. Guess what? Everybody is from somewhere its an accident of birth as to exactly where. People should take pride in their achievements. Having a nationality is not an achievement.

Defining yourself by your nationality- or wearing a t-shirt that tells people exactly where you are from- is a form of weak minded idiocy and supposes that being from Munster, for example, somehow makes you superior to everyone else. Madness I say, unless of course you are at some form of sporting event then I'm all for it.

+1 to the micro shorts. Im getting some on Saturday.

This thing has been done to death on After hours so I am not going to argue with you or ruin Xavi's thread. You must understand that people have different mind sets and just because you don't agree with it doesn't make you right. It's the great thing about living in a free world. Wear what you want, Eat what you want, drink what you want and procreate with who you wish to.

What's the difference between an Irish man wearing a GAA jersey in Australia and a Kiwi wearing an All-Blacks jersey in Ireland? Do you go up to them and say 'excuse me sir, why are you wearing a New Zealand jersey'. You would get some strange looks. That is all I am saying.

If you want to argue the point, start a thread on After Hours.

PS: I agree with you on the micro shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Ok just to drag this back on topic I switched shifts so I can now be included in the session and not have to catch up. Looking forward to it. Havent been out since New years. Any details yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Just got back from two and a half weeks in Yearling this minute, population 48, one pub, one post office, one shop, lots of fukk all else. Going to start looking to get work fruit picking ASAP, but if I don't have anything by Friday I'll probably make an appearance.

Was actually gonna text you this week as I hadn't seen you around these parts in a bit.

Right, by my reckoning the potential lineup for Friday is -

Xavi6
    slipss
    writetojd
    Regulator79
    BraziliaNZ
    The_B_Man
    kittex

My missus is probably gonna come along and I think The_B_Man siad his was too so that gives us a solid 9 should everyone turn up.

I'm thinking that anyone who can should meet early enough to try grab a table before the bulk of the office workers and tradies knock off.

How does 4 o'clock at the Moon & Sixpence on Murray Street sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Xavi6 wrote: »

*Shudder* is right. I was in an irish pub for the first time in months on Friday. The women in there were awful!

Micro shorts are awesome (in Oz!). I scored a bird over christmas who was wearing a pair of them, and I honestly have no idea what her face was like!

I'm in perth now. Stayin in brittania on william st. Be wanderin around today in me dublin jersey! Original, eh? Anyway, i'm walkin over the bridge to scope this moon sixpence now wit the missus. We'll be there, barring some sort of emergency!

Good choice with the Brittania. I stayed there when I first moved over and it's a pretty decent spot.

If you need a hand with anything just gimme a shout. I work pretty much beside the Moon.

Lol ah now i see why ya chose there for the beers. In bobby dazzlers here havin a beer. Perth seems a nice enough place.

• Advertisement

Liking the place too and I got awful excited about the whole pager for your dinner thing. The Irish barmaid in the Moon and Sixpence was laughing at me. :)

Have had a lot of work stuff to sort out today - not fun with jet lag. Looking forward to it being done and dusted and being able to chill out and the weekend. :beer:

Advertisement