Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Bookkeeping?

• 02-01-2009 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭

Hi, could anyone recommend a basic bookkeeping course, want to take a look to see if this would interest me!Maybe part time or online would be most suitable, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fidget

You could get the book Business Accounting I - Frank Woods from your local library or off ebay. That'll take you through bookkeeping to trial balance & beyond. It's a good book with plenty of exercises in it, and should give you an idea of whether or not you think you might enjoy it.

I think most local colleges also do courses in SAGE (computersied bookkeeping basically) too that are reasonably priced. Personally I'd learn how to do it manually out of a book first before computerised and that way when you come to use software packages like SAGE, you'll know the mechanics of what the application is doing in the background and you'll get to grips with the software much quicker and easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Thanks, I picked up 'Basic Accounting' by J. Randall Stott/Mike Truman.
    Have to say very interesting and plenty of assignments!

Advertisement