Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US legal drinking age

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

It's the sort of exceptions that would never really apply to a tourist on a J1. It's exceptions for occasions such as a wedding and the parents give permission for their son/daughter to drink. But they still have to be over 18. Or if you are married and your spouse is over 21 but you are under 21. She can request to get you a drink. Same goes for relgious or cultural and traditional circumstances. Think some states also allow under 21 year olds to drink on private property.

So i wouldn't get too hopeful regarding this law if you have people under 21 in your group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭barnesd

Where are you going? Some states are a lot stricter than other in enforcing drinking laws. I was in Berkeley a few years ago and while I was 21 loads of people there weren't, as long as you didn't go near a car and went home quietly the police didn't really give a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

At the moment it's probably California we'd be heading to. Not to worry I'm sure the younger lads in my group will be content with just being there.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Well if your going to Cali there will probably be better nightlife at parties in houses, on beaches, etc. And you'll always manage to find someone to get drink for you in a store if you are underage. But in clubs and bars, California is probably one of the most strictist states in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dancedreamer

anyone any idea how strict hawaii is?

• Advertisement
Advertisement