Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy paint?

Options
  • 02-01-2009 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

I was just wondering can anyone recommend the best place to buy paint in limerick?
    We are building a house at the moment so we will need a good amount of paint,
    Ive heard that Limerick Paint Supplies are good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The place on Parnell St is where my professional painters got their paint. I understand its where most of them get it. I cant think of the name but surely there are not that many up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ashfield wrote: »
    I was just wondering can anyone recommend the best place to buy paint in limerick?
    We are building a house at the moment so we will need a good amount of paint,
    Ive heard that Limerick Paint Supplies are good

Yes, get all my paint from Limerick Paint Supplies, found them way cheaper than the likes of B&Q or Atlantic too.

They are now doing deliveries according to their website:

http://www.limerickpaintsupplies.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Homebase but I don't know much about prices. I just bought some there one day. MASSIVE selection

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As the paints said to me and also my brother whom bought B&Q paint and weeks later homebase paint is that you need to buy double the amount because the coverage you get off that cheap paint is terrible.

Dulux Matt is what every single professional painter I spoke to recommended for the interior. I cannot help with the exterior, the builder had already painted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Buy branded paint from B&Q usually the cheapest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

it's 10% day in homebase until tomorrow.. they have a great selection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Berty wrote: »
    As the paints said to me and also my brother whom bought B&Q paint and weeks later homebase paint is that you need to buy double the amount because the coverage you get off that cheap paint is terrible.

Dulux Matt is what every single professional painter I spoke to recommended for the interior. I cannot help with the exterior, the builder had already painted it.

Had the exact same experience your brother did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

Woodies have 20% off all paint in their sale at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Crown Trade on the Kilmallock road, Tell them you are building and wil be buying a lot and you will get a great rate. They have every colour card from every paint manufacturer. Have found them the best/friendliest service.
    and will be paying them a visit very shortly to do the bedrooms again.:D
    Can't remember the interior price but the exterior was €300, 3 coats for big bunalow and garage. including brushes and bits

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

B&Q is quite cheap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement