Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi

Options
  • 02-01-2009 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi

Im looking to set up a graphic design and web company but i was wondering what is the best way of getting the design programs (illustrator, indesign, dreameaver) without spending thousands. It has to be legal too.

Apex

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You could probably get legacy versions like CS1 or CS2 somewhere cheapish. Often you can pick up a licence from a firm closing or upgrading. There's a big market in second hand MS Office Licences for example. Adobe offer upgrades to the newer versions on ond licences so it may be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Design standard is €1300 from these guys. http://www.multimedia.ie/

Design Premium is only a little bit more. It's not that bad, perhaps you could get a small loan that you could repay over the year. A few jobs and you'd have that paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

A completely legal (but nuts in a business environment) way is to have a two drive setup... system and apps on drive one, all data on drive two... download the trial progs... 30 days free usage, at the end of the month reformat drive 1... reinstall sys and progs... As I said it is nuts but it is one way of doing it legitimately

My real advice would be to buy CS4 legitimately... it's an essential tool which you'll make a lot of money from... best of luck with your enterprise.

If you're vat regg'd buy from the UK... it'll be a vat free import... jigsaw24.com are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 apex_xepa

Thanks for all the help guys. http://www.multimedia.ie/ is a very good website.

minikin thats a handy little tip but i dont think you are allowed to use trial versions for commercial reasons.

I noticed on amazon.com that illustrator cs4 is only 550 Dollars. Do you think it would be okay to buy it from america?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Unless you know someone in the states you can't buy it from there. No one will ship it I'm afraid.

It's probably legal, though there's some weird things in the Licence Agreement. I wouldn't care though really, you're still paying them! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement