Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mysql buddy

Options
  • 02-01-2009 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

has anyone any experience of this open source programme?

http://www.sqlbuddy.com/

it looks perfect for what I need but I can't figure it out
    basically i have added it to my site but when i upload any of the files it came with they all appear blank

does anyone know how to set this up or if a tutorial exists,

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

never heard of it. this is the same kinda thing as phpmyadmin, right.

i would check that the sql account that you put in to the tool has full perms ? though it should give an error if it wasnt able to upload the file.

oh hold on... can you not even upload it to your site ?
    which files are you talking about ? sql files to create schemas ? or the sql buddy files themselves ?
    are they blank on your computer before you upload them ?
    if your use an ftp program check that the mode is in auto, instead of binary or ascii maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Just tested it out there and seems to work a treat. Had to make a few small changes work on my server.

Perhaps a silly question, but does your server definitely support PHP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

cheers for the replies and thanks for the help,

but alas it was just my stupidity,
    I hadn't uploaded every file just the ones as I was using as I was going along,

I uploaded them all now and it sure does work great,

just not too sure if my client company (its a final year project) should have access to it as if they drop the database my mistake the whole website will be ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

cheers for the replies and thanks for the help,

but alas it was just my stupidity,
    I hadn't uploaded every file just the ones as I was using as I was going along,

I uploaded them all now and it sure does work great,

just not too sure if my client company (its a final year project) should have access to it as if they drop the database my mistake the whole website will be ruined.

This sounds like a mysql permissions issue ... ?

Don't allow them to drop tables ? alter tables ... and so on ? create a specific user for them with only the access they require ?

yes perfect,

brilliant thank you!!!

• Advertisement

Is the export function working for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Glad to hear you got it working & cheers for the tip on it. I used it recently for backing up a DB! :)

You don't usually give a client access to somethng like swlbuddy. Accessing the SQL DB directly should usually just be for admins.

Advertisement