Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coolmine (Dublin 15) Gym Membership €210

• 02-01-2009 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Coolmine Sports Center are giving yearly memberships for 2009 at 1999 prices. €210 for the year, offer is limited to a certain amount of people.
    http://www.coolminesports.com/index.html

I dont use the place as I get free gym in uni but looking at their website it seems like a good place and I figured €210 sounds like a bargain as my sister pays nearly €900 a year in Westwood. Beat that Ben:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

good value, for those who are southside Crunch Fitness UCD are about €250 p.a.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

current members can extend their membership for an additional €210. e.g. if membership expires in march '09 then €210 extends it out to march '10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

RATM wrote: »
    I dont use the place as I get free gym in uni but looking at their website it seems like a good place and I figured €210 sounds like a bargain as my sister pays nearly €900 a year in Westwood. Beat that Ben:D

Not really a bargain. WestPOINT which is owned by Ben Dunne and beside the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre is around the same and a much much better gym although it can get pretty busy.

But I'm sure that's the same with any gym where the price is so good.

I would go Westpoint over Coolmine any day.

100kilos is 100kilos weight where ever you go(on this planet anyhow).
    according to this thread there is a whopping 26% €65 difference in favour of Coolmine
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055443562

also, Westpoint isn't half as convenient for most people in blanch, coolmine clonsilla or hartstown as traffic around the shopping centre is very bad.

Coolmine is not a pretty gym and there is no talent on parade but if you want to keep fit you won't get distracted there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

Mailman wrote: »
    according to this thread there is a whopping 26% €65 difference in favour of Coolmine
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055443562

I'm pretty sure right now it's €245 @ Westpont and cheaper if 2 / 3 join together.

I agree with your point on a gym being a gym but I think Westpoint is better (even more so than Total Fitness in Castleknock which charge a lot more than Coolmine and Westpoint combined even)

• Advertisement

I know I wouldn't go to westpoint becuase it isn't convenient to me even though both are equi-distant from me. If a Gym is not easy to get to you simply won't go to it and for most people in the areas I mentioned Coolmine is easier to get to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I had a quick look at the site just now, pretty confusing with different levels of membership mentioned on the likes of the pool page, & also seems to me on first look that you get charged to use the pool as a member? Is that right? Doesnt look as good a bargain as it did on first look.

It's full membership. no charge for pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

dublad23 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure right now it's €245 @ Westpont and cheaper if 2 / 3 join together.

I agree with your point on a gym being a gym but I think Westpoint is better (even more so than Total Fitness in Castleknock which charge a lot more than Coolmine and Westpoint combined even)

Ben has put his prices up since the 1st:

Its around €295 for one person (was €285)
    two people for around €570
    and four people for €950 (€238 each)

Advertisement