Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card expired

Options
  • 02-01-2009 12:58pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My credit card is due to expire this month 01/2009 - do the bank just issue another or do i have to do anything to get a new one sent out?? Im with AIB

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

phone em up just to be safe to be safe. i think they do issue you with a new one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

They normally just send out the new one a few weeks before the old one expires. I wouldn't bother phoning them unless it hasn't arrived by about the 20th myself.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Generally a new one is sent out about 2-3 weeks before the old one expires. Give them a buzz just to confirm if you like, just so you'll have peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

I'd phone them to be safe (number should be on the back of your card).

There are also lots of AIB Credit Cards (same with all banks), some of which are no longer being issued. If your type of card was discontinued, then you will need to choose a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

You should be fine but if you have been late with payments or have a bad credit rating now they may not reissue you with a card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

If you ring them you will get a prerecorded message telling you that your new card will be issued before the end of the month (while you are holding that is, you can still talk to someone after that if you wish, everyone gets to listen to that message!!)
    dotsman
    If your type of card was discontinued, then you will need to choose a new one.

nope, my type of card was discontinued many years ago (AIB) and unless I choose to change my product I will continue to get the same one. I have some of the older services/products swith AIB and have not had them taken away from me when the service was discontinued. I still have a cashsave account, they are very old :) Not sure if its the same for all banks though, hope not or everyone would have their tracker mortgages taken away from them:eek:

Advertisement