Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tax disc

Options
  • 02-01-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This is a bit of a stupid question but I just wanted to clarify something. If your car tax disc has 12/09 printed on it, does that mean that it expires the last day of Decmeber 09 or the last day of November 09.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

December 31st 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

the tax disk does have the date you updated your tax on.
    so if you bought a 6month tax, id nearly be weary on that date - incase an inspecter of some sort examines closer.
    you get letters out on the date dont you ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

samhail wrote: »
    so if you bought a 6month tax, id nearly be weary on that date - incase an inspecter of some sort examines closer.
    What has the date of renewal got anything to do with it? The tax disk always expires on the last day of the month/year printed in big numbers on the disk.
    Once the car is taxed, its taxed. Once the tax has expired (in the OPs case its the last day of December), a new tax disk is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

samhail wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. The date on the disc (i.e the big 12/09) shows expiry. Tax expires at the end of a month. You must have a new tax disc up on or before 01/01.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

ninty9er wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. The date on the disc (i.e the big 12/09) shows expiry. Tax expires at the end of a month. You must have a new tax disc up on or before 01/01.

Thanks for the non-aggressive response.

I clarified this on the application form too
    (and learnt that i dont have to pay for the tax on the car i just bought since it was last taxed since the ownership has changed. - nice one.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement