Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling NTSC games....

• 02-01-2009 1:24pm

Does anyone know if a games shop would buy an NTSC game off me?

Basically somebody bought it for me in the states and would like to know before trawling around all the different shops, or if I'd be better off sticking it up on adverts.ie.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

xtra vision might take it. game and gamestop more than likely won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MrJetlag

What is the games

I have an NTSC system

Might be interested

Rgds

Jetlag

Need For Speed: Undercover, though we might have to take it to Adverts. Lemme know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Xtravision usually take them as the staff are generally clueless bout games, and they dont scan the Barcode like gamestop would, ive traded a good few in the smaller xtravisions.....

Flash it and DL NTSC games or RFs.

My 360 is NTSC so thats what i do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Smyths have taken some off me mainly haze on ps3 which i got 38 euro for :eek: after buying on VG+ for 42.

Xtravision and game wouldnt take it i refuse to shop in gamestop so i dont know but i dont think they do take them.

Ebay is allways an option too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I traded NTSC games in Xtravision in the Blanchardstown SC. they took it off me but, It was region free. They wouldnt know the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

i've seen region 1 dvds second hand in gamestop before so you never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

GameStop and GAME both check. It's not that hard for them to know. It says NTSC on the back. As was said, try Smyths/XtraVision or sell on Adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Try Xtravision id say they would take it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement