Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

References for renting

Options
  • 02-01-2009 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi there , could someone tell me what references are required for renting a flat? Most places on daft simply say 2references required". One of the places i went to see asked for a 1)a previous landlord reference 2) a work reference 3) a bank statement. 1) & 2) are fine, but I'm not really comfortable with the third (I asked was it a bank reference and he said no, it it a statement that shows all the figures of your account) Is this normal practice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I wouldn't feel comfortable with giving a statement either, to be honest. Was it a landlord or estate agents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 S12

Estate agent- needs statements from everyone to live there (2 of us). I would have thought a work reference would cover the "I have money to pay the rent" worry. Last time I have a bank reference but apparently they won't give them to you directly anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ast

Discussed here : showthread.php?p=56374494

This is not something I've ever had to do and I would not be comfortable doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 S12

Thanks for that I didn't see that thread! Have decided not to go with that flat anyway, so hopefully the next will be less invasive.

Advertisement