Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Visibility in a Mortgage

Options
  • 02-01-2009 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

A quick wondering,

I was talking to a friend the other day who said he didnt know the exact balance on his mortgage. He said its was around 'x' amount but was not sure, once the payments were made (kind of like, I dont know and dont want to know attitude).
    Now we are like family so Its not like Im sticking my nose in, we were having a good discussion on our financial status.

Basically as I dont have a Mortgage I'm wondering can you view the balance of your mortgage just like you'd view your account (I'm talking online now). Just seems to be a number shrouded in mystery, there could be any number of charges being applied, I was of the opinion that he may not be getting the best deal but he was of the opinion that a Mortgage was a mortgage.

Am I making sense or talking Stooooooopid :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

I can see my balance on line. I also get statements. It's just like any other account.

To be honest, it seems like your friend, like most people, just doesn't care. He also probably doesn't know what rate he's on or if he could save thousands of Euro by switching mortgages. Of course if/when it's pointed out to him that he could have been on a cheaper rate all along and saved himself huge amounts of money, he will join the standard mantra that "his bank was ripping him off".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

I have mine on my online banking also as I only get statements on it once a year. Its handy having it online, I like to see it reducing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

I Bank with AIB but my mortgage is with ICS. Would I be right in saying I cant check my mortgage account online?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

I Bank with AIB but my mortgage is with ICS. Would I be right in saying I cant check my mortgage account online?????????

yep, needs to be with same Bank.

Advertisement