Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving Kilcoole

Options
  • 02-01-2009 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm viewing a house next Wed in Kilcoole, which i reckon i will put i bid in for. I was just wondering if anybody can tell what Kilcoole is like in terms of amenities, shops, pubs that sort of thing. The house im viewing is Holywell, Sea Road. Is that a decent area?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Kilcoole used to be a great area to live(I grew up there). The area you are looking at is just on the road to the beach. I think the bottom of Kilcoole is a generally Private housing estates whereas the top of the town is mostly council housing. The nearest shop is about a 5min walk and I think they open till about 10pm. Tesco express at the top of the town opens till 11pm. Of the three pubs my favourite is Byrnes- always a good atmosphere and brilliant staff, although if you are looking for more of a "party" pub Lees is the place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Hi JohnJericho

I started a thread on Holywell some months ago, you might want to read it as many people were very helpful!

See: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055218690&highlight=holywell

I haven't bought anywhere as of yet but best of luck!!

Pix :)

Advertisement