Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else had trouble ordering from gamestation.co.uk lately?

• 02-01-2009 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I've tried with three different debit and credit cards now to order the GHWT bundle for £130 in their sale, £133 delivered to Ireland, http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Xbox360/Action/~r409613/Guitar-Hero-World-Tour-Band-Bundle/ but each time I got the following email the day after ordering.
    Unfortunately we can't send your order (number: xxxxxxxx) out at the moment
    Although your order has been cancelled this doesn't mean that you can't re-place it - take a look at our ultra cool website www.gamestation.co.uk.
    If this hiccup was due to your card issuer declining your card we are unable to give a specific reason for this (sorry but they won't tell us). You might want to give them a quick call to check your details are correct before re-ordering.
    Apologies for this, but it's out of our hands. We look forward to seeing you soon and helping us shoot down some aliens!
    From the Gamestation admin agents

Seriously, I can't see how three different banks would stop a transaction from going through when all the cards are in credit and two of which have been used on gamestation in the last month. I reckon they've probably taken too many orders for GHWT at that price and can't fulfil them and are using the bank declining the order as a handy excuse that doesn't make gamestation look bad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Nephew wrote: »
    I've tried with three different debit and credit cards now to order the GHWT bundle for £130 in their sale, £133 delivered to Ireland, http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Xbox360/Action/~r409613/Guitar-Hero-World-Tour-Band-Bundle/ but each time I got the following email the day after ordering.

Seriously, I can't see how three different banks would stop a transaction from going through when all the cards are in credit and two of which have been used on gamestation in the last month. I reckon they've probably taken too many orders for GHWT at that price and can't fulfil them and are using the bank declining the order as a handy excuse that doesn't make gamestation look bad.

It could be because you are trying to order hardware. A lot of the uk online stores will no longer ship hardware to ireland\outside the UK. I know that gameplay.co.uk and game stopped. Check the terms and conditions on their site. Also check that the address is exactly as it appears on you bills. One more this (VERY IMPORTANT!) ring your credit card company and ask them if there was an attempted charge made by gamestation. They have to tell you if it was declined. I have this problem with dabs.com every time I place an order.
    My credit card company automatically refuses all orders from Dabs because they have had too many fraud cases coming from them. You have to ring the security department and tell them that you are trying to order from said company and that they should allow transactions for the next 24 - 48 hours.

Advertisement