Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom with "free meteor calls"

Options
  • 02-01-2009 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Just got my eircom bill today, huge , rang "customer careless" was told that meteor calls not free only first 500 mins not charged,
    I had changed my whole family over to Meteor, now feel f&*ked by eircom as I had stressed when talking to rep that they were free.
    Every day the Greek students are gaining my sympthy. Let this be the year of the riot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

chorus are meant to have these so called free meteor calls as well,check them because youd never know they actually might offer that properly in an attempt to beat out due eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Smallprint.... what a pain...
    heres another one the Perlico "free calls to Mobiles" is only 40 mins per month.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Jeez Thats for posting m8 !
    I was seriously considering looking up one of those bundles.
    I have a circulatory sitting on my desk for the past few weeks that clearly states "Get free calls to over 1,000,000 Meteor customers".
    the small print on it only says... heh ! i didnt read all the small print.
    500 minutes, so 8.6 hours free talk time - things they get away with such as calling 9 hours unlimited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i was listening to the ad the other day and they didn't actually say unlimited, they just said free calls, which could technically constitute two free calls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

but that's the problem, they do get away with calling 9hrs "Unlimited" because the regulator is run by a shower of ****s. It's misleading advertising and you should make a complaint about it. citizens information, contact details are at the bottom of that page.

Make a complaint, the meaning of Unlimited doesn't change just because they put an asterisk beside it, if enough people complain, it gets noticed.

*edit* @ Sam Vimes

it's still misleading advertising as they state the quantity of "free" in small writing, at the bottom, where they expect very few people to read. Also it really bugs the **** out of me when they say the disclaimer type stuff at the very end of a spoken ad, really fast to fit it all in. This is probably better suited for AH :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 zen15

couldn't read the small print as i did the deal on the phone , never recieved a contract afterwards , just the bill. Plus the salesgirl was saying unlimited free calls to meteor like she worked on a phone sex chat line. When I agreed to the deal she did that little laugh giggle thing that women do when they cum,
    But now I know it was me being f&^ked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

zen15 wrote: »
    couldn't read the small print as i did the deal on the phone , never recieved a contract afterwards , just the bill. Plus the salesgirl was saying unlimited free calls to meteor like she worked on a phone sex chat line. When I agreed to the deal she did that little laugh giggle thing that women do when they cum,

Did you ring up about the deal or did they just present it to you while on the phone about something else? Seems bad form to not tell you the terms and conditions if they offered it over the phone:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

zen15 wrote: »

Hillarious :D rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

I didn't know anything about the 500 min limit on Meteor calls either. The only place I managed to find it now is http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/BBBundlesTandCsv1.pdf but I failed to spot it anywhere on their site (I mean, HTML pages, not downloadable documents). Anyone knows if it's the same restriction on landline calls? Again, I couldn't fine any declared limits on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

none wrote: »
    I didn't know anything about the 500 min limit on Meteor calls either. The only place I managed to find it now is http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/BBBundlesTandCsv1.pdf but I failed to spot it anywhere on their site (I mean, HTML pages, not downloadable documents). Anyone knows if it's the same restriction on landline calls? Again, I couldn't fine any declared limits on their site.

I think people are over reacting here. The clause referred to in the small print is actually in the "fair usage policy" in the Terms & Conditions. The actual terminology used is "eircom may at its absolute discretion, without further notice to the
    customer, withdraw the eircom family facility from a customer account where the usage of the Facility on the account exceeds 500 Anytime minutes per month of calls to Meteor Customers. This is similar to the fair usage policy on most ISPs - it's just legalese to be used in exceptional circumstances where someone is taking advantage of a tariff scheme. I have gone well over 500 minutes free calls to Meteor in the last couple of months, and I have neither been charged or cut off.

It's a fantastic deal - particularly when combined with Meteor's new €10 per month bill-pay tariffs. Myself, OH have moved to Meteor Bill-pay - kids already with Meteor pre-pay. The savings on this package are phenomenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Cheers, Bob :) It's a shame they hiked prices on the other end though (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055438004).

Advertisement