Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Face Protection

Options
  • 02-01-2009 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Just to clear something up, whats the story on face protection at HRTA. Their website says full face masks only but i was told by someone else that now you can wear goggles.
    Anyone know for sure

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The message on the website has been there presumably since the old HRTA when it was an indoor thing. you can wear goggles if you like as long as they dont have any large gaps to allow a bb in and of course, they'll have to be rated for impacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

Can you wear glasses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

You cannot wear just prescription lenses if that is what you are asking. They need to be shatterproof lenses. Have a search around the forum, I am sure there was a thread about this. There is a minimum ANSI rating required. I will try to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

Were full face masks - 35 feet and my tooth still broke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

sounds very dogey, ive been shot closer and not had any damage. maybe you should switch to sensodine?
    :p

In all honesty though, its rare someone will break a tooth unless its pretty close. ive taken a few sharp ones to the delph and one even slit my gum but my gnashers are still fine.,:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

yeah think i'll stick with my googles and shemagh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Was that at HRTA?

No - a different site

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Sean, to be fair, the thread is titled HRTA Face Protection, it would have been prudent to mention the site was elsewhere than HRTA. I normally use a balaclava & mesh mask and keep my head out of the line of fire where possible.
    Worked so far. :D Don't have a lot of teeth left to hit anyways ;)
    TBH I would have thought it would take a good whack to break a tooth, like from a hurley or something, Have to get mythbusters on the job :D:D:D

So a BB from 35 feet in one site is differant from a BB from 35 feet in another site ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Well I found outdoors the bb's hurt less, maybe the fact wind is present has something to do with it. I'm not sure, just personal expereince.

I 2nd tonkys motion, mythbusters are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

I was thinking of goggles and a half face mask ? Would it be a good idea?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

hey i got a pair of Oakley's like these will they do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEjcwvKH5FM

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

jigsaw 1 wrote: »
    I was thinking of goggles and a half face mask ? Would it be a good idea?
    Cheers
    Sounds good, You mean one of those comforters ? Never used one. I like the balaclava as it covers most exposed skin and keeps my ears warm, in the summer, it protects without overheating too much. Maybe mesh goggles with a light pair of shades underneath, you have to experiment, everyone's different - and -please - the Monty Python fan, I know you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

After todays gaming im getting ear muffs, sick of being shot in the ear, and not on it, bb's going into my ears. Bloody nuisance. :)

And Sean, not being bag, but
    "Were full face masks - 35 feet and my tooth still broke"

There is so many factors that can attribute to that I'm baffled how you have a broken tooth.

I got a nice auto burst in the mouth in warehouse to walk away with just blood. I got riddled in the teeth by a p90 in hrta and again just had blood in my mouth.

I just think you forgot your sensodine that morning :D

All down to preference, OP might take one in the face and say " right full face for me" just go with what suits in fairness. Theres enough top quality face protection to beat the band so fogging should relaly be a problem of the past at this stage.

Advertisement