Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Job - Been Unemployed - Due Tax Back?

• 02-01-2009 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for some advice please.

I was unemployed from June to the end of September, worked temporarily for October (paid "week 1" status tax for that month), unemployed again until today and i've started a new permanent job.

During this time i've collected about 10 weeks unemployment benefit of €197.

My question is if i can expect to get tax back in my salary with the new job after giving them my p45 etc?

I dont know much about the system works and would appreciate any insight from someone who does.

Thanks for taking the time to read this:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭sataction

Your new employer won't give you the tax back because you started employment with them in 2009.

You will have to apply to the tax office. Write to them giving full information of income including social welfare in 2009 and tax paid. Include copies of P45's. They will issue a tax refund directly to you.

Advertisement