Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomend a product

Options
  • 02-01-2009 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Here we go folks, something to stir us on for the new year. This is how the thread works. Pick a product, be it a book, DVD, a single effect or a prop that you think other people here may not know about. And tell us about it. More CUPS for all!

I choose to recommend Still Fancy a Pot of Jam by James Brown. It's a dvd chock full of misdirection based stuff. Some of the stuff in there is a bit ballsy, but the majority of it is great. It has a great simple little coin trick with a finish that will blow people away, but the majority of it is card stuff. There is little in there that contains any really difficult sleight of hand (beyond palming) but it will require that you have a sense of timing. If you know enough about timing to pull off a top change (Or are willing to learn) then you can do everything else in there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Hmmmm........... So difficult to choose!!!

I'm gonna go with anything by Banachek, especially Psi Series Volume 2, but anything at all by him!

And before someone else does, Reality is Plastic, one of the best purchases ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

If I was to recommend anything, for the close up magician, other than the obvious ones like an invisible deck or similar, itd be the superman coin bend. one of the best gimmicks I've ever bought, and it looks like such a let down when u open the box. this is always the first thing into my pocket on a night out, accompanied with a sharpie. Developed a handling for it based on the method used with Coinvexed. The same effect for a fraction of the price. If anyone gets it, PM me and I'll talk you through it. this is the one trick I'm constantly asked about, and to repeat. the bend happens in their hand, and with some suggestion u can get them to "feel" it happen. What i've noticed in recent days is that this is gold for finding out who has a strong enough mind to give hypnotism a go. Maybe its coincidence, but since I've started with reality is plastic, the people i'm doing this trick for can "feel" it more and more, to the point where the sensation is tickling some people!!
    theres a few suppliers so i wont post any direct links. if anyone has any questions, just shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

??? wrote: »
    And before someone else does, Reality is Plastic, one of the best purchases ever!!!

I 2nd that! Its the type of thing you want to tell everyone about and no one about at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

exactly, shhh!! Ireland will be saturated in hypnotists soon! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Not as badly as the UK judging by Talk Magic!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement