Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self catering Killarney - Pet Friendly

Options
  • 02-01-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any good sites or links to pet friendly accommodation for Killarney?
    Im looking for a house for a week in August that takes dogs.
    Thanks,
    Andrea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

If you don't mind a half-hour drive to Killarney, try Breda Breen at Blackstones House, Glencar. She has two cottages nearby and we used to stay with her (and our two labradors) before we moved to Kerry. Phone 066 976 0164 or visit www.glencar-blackstones.com. Glencar is in a quite remote but very beautiful area of Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Zuisse

The Quality Hotel has apartments that are pet friendly.
    Dream Ireland (www.dreamireland.com) have pet friendly accommodation also available - I usually use them if I'm going anywhere with the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

The Quality Hotel did take pets but the company that owns it went into liquidation yesterday and the doors are being locked at 3 o clock tomorrow.

It was the only place I know of that took them, but try the dream ireland website above, you might find something there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fid

Try
    www.ispca.ie
    www.irishanimals.com
    Both have a good selection. If you fancy Donegal
    www.donegalholidayhome.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Maybe try the Killarney Tourist Office - Probably not the first time this query has come up

Telephone : 064 31633

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

We're staying in pet-friendly accomodation in Kenmare for the weekend.
    Try Dream Ireland (as someone suggested). We booked ours through www.selfcatering-ireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Hi andreac I am actually working on a website at the moment. This site is for dog friendly accommodation in Ireland only. If you want to check it out just click http://www.staydoggy.com. I have something in Kerry, Cork and Galway with a lot more to come!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nes

Hi, Croan Cottages offer pet friendly accommodation in Kilkenny. Dogs have to be kept on a lead when outside because they have a lot of animals onsite but apart from that the place is very pet friendly for self catering. Their site is at www.croancottages.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭holidayhere

andreac wrote: »
    Does anyone know any good sites or links to pet friendly accommodation for Killarney?
    Thanks,
    Andrea
    A friend of mine stayed at Killarney Self Catering in Rookery Road.
    He said it was spot on.
    I am sure you will find it on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 suslaviciene

teaholic wrote: »
    The Quality Hotel did take pets but the company that owns it went into liquidation yesterday and the doors are being locked at 3 o clock tomorrow.

It was the only place I know of that took them, but try the dream ireland website above, you might find something there.

The hotel doesn't accept dogs anymore. Oh and btw they re-opened in April :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

andreac wrote: »
    Thanks,
    Andrea
    the top site i always use it when coming to ireland is www.imagineireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jer foley

have seen a new self catering site called www.ireland-selfcatering.com they have a pet friendly page, someone i know booked a ski appartment in france with them they seem good, and they needed a pet friendly place, so give them a try

Advertisement