Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chop Shop 'Gangsta'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Could you imagine trying to get that VRT'd.....and then insurance...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I think it looks awfull,looks like martin kemp thinks so too!!
    Where did the "Famous Bangladeshi Designer" Leepu and his side kick Bernie come from,they seem to not really have a clue what they are at..

I like they way it says in the text..
    They must make the car not only safe but beautifull
    Hmm:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

I think your being a bit hard on then tbh, I've seen a couple of their cars first hand and as prototypes go they're very good, they're not intended for everyday use. The guys definitely have talent, some of the designs mightn't be to everyones taste but considering he builds them out of his head I think they're amazing and works of art in their own right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Really? I can't find anything aesthetically pleasing about them...

http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/chopshop/gallery/

And I appreciate the time that's gone into converting them, maybe it's just me though.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i think that show is a fking shame. They ruin classic cars to make a stupid looking monstrosity. They should both be shot.

Most of the cars they use re fairly shook to start with, like the old Rovers they did recently (I don't know anybody who liked them even in good nik tbh).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

junkyard wrote: »
    Most of the cars they use re fairly shook to start with, like the old Rovers they did recently (I don't know anybody who liked them even in good nik tbh).

i agree with you,not everyones liking but great at what they do.can't wait for the next series(if there is one)

The Martin Kemp car has been bought and the (proud?) new owners will be destroying it to raise cash for charity at VW Action in September. :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

The cars improved a lot between series one and series two. But I would still consider then ugly. The Martin Kemp car for example, the front of it looks good, but the rear end of the thing is terrible, absolutely terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

JustinOval wrote: »
    The Martin Kemp car has been bought and the (proud?) new owners will be destroying it to raise cash for charity at VW Action in September. :eek: :D

Yeah £700..at auction :D:D.... Imagine the bill for all that work.....least that'll be one less on the road....anyone want to start a whip-round for another one.............:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ordinary_story

I think the frog one looks alright tbh. The others just seem to be a rehash of the some curves etc. I cant imagine that the interiors are that well appointed though

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

that Gangsta car is ugly as sin!

They are good to watch, kinda funny (but annoyin) and I like to see the outcum of the cars, but its mostly crap they produce with nothing awe inspiring... for a designer and a fabricator who has the full run to do whatever he likes, his designs are pretty limited!

It'll never pass an SVA test so it's useless in it's current form, charity destruction seems to be the best thing for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I saw another edition of this earlier where they wrecked a perfectly good MK3 XR2 by somehow fitting an entire mondeo subframe and rear end onto it,i have no idea how it actually drove??The front wheels had huge negative camber as they made the struts fit the smaller fiesta.
    Its for sale here..
    http://cars.trovit.co.uk/used-cars/fiesta-xr2i

H115HHK.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

its only a grand so.... id buy it for the laugh.. and the perk of it being a one off.... id do the rear end again tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

The episode where they chopped up 2 944 Porsches made me want to cry. the fiinished product still had the full interior for the 944 (even the automatic dash pod)

They then went looking for more power out of the 2.5 160bhp engine. Ended up with a supercharger - no word of lowering compression ratios or mapping or anything. They then reported the car to be producing 292bhp. I find this very hard to believe. They then cooked the headgasket which is what you get if you do this sort of owl messin with an old car.

They are pure cowboys but it makes good entertainment.. Cut n shut :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

S.I.R wrote: »
    its only a grand so.... id buy it for the laugh.. and the perk of it being a one off.... id do the rear end again tho.

Is it £995, or is that just a price to attract you to the add. There is £7995 in the add as well:confused:

Awful looking car, so many of their cars have been sold on or scrapped. The bumble bee coloured one he did for that rubgy player wasn't tooo bad. I'll try find a pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

i like the show but the only car i really liked was the muscle car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Martin Kemp had to wear a bag over his head driving it, awful looking yoke!

• Advertisement

Is it £995, or is that just a price to attract you to the add. There is £7995 in the add as well:confused:

Awful looking car, so many of their cars have been sold on or scrapped. The bumble bee coloured one he did for that rubgy player wasn't tooo bad. I'll try find a pic.

Maybe not - the Gangster car sold for under a grand, infact if you want save it I've been told £1750 will do it. :P :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pythag

gawd, he makes ugly cars..

and as much as i admire their artistic skil.. the cars suck..

especially when you see how rushed they allways are..

the cars look orrible.. they really do..

but it is good TV

thank god for sky plus so you can fast forward through the crappy bits

pythag

Advertisement